You might be doing quite well in your current job and might also be well paid, but you’re missing that special factor that stops you from really enjoying your role. You might also be one among those in the herd who feel that their job is getting monotonous and dull and has nothing exciting that can help them move ahead in career. No matter which group you belong, if you find that it’s time to make a smart move in your career then just do a bang up job in hunting the right opportunity today!
An Employment Survey for the year 2012 conducted by a renowned HR Services firm states that sectors like IT/ITeS, Hospitality and Healthcare are the ones that are currently publishing most job opportunities in the country. As per an estimation, out of the total of 1.6 million new jobs in organized sector to be created this year, these three sectors shall together create more than 7.31 lakh new jobs in India for the year 2012. According to the survey, it is also evident that sectors like textiles, beverages, chemicals, basic metal, rubber, fabricated metal, Media & entertainment as well as Real estate & construction are expected to create more job opportunities this year.
With such wide platform for your job hunt across different sectors, you can explore your dream job easily. But before making up your mind to shift your job, rethink and follow these tips from career experts that can help you in remaining more focused towards a goal oriented career:
• Set your goals: Focus on short to mid-term goals that you would achieve in your career. With realistic
goals set in context to your organization or industry, you can not only evaluate your progress against
such goals but also achieve them efficiently.
• Upgrade your skills: Hone your skill sets in line with the requirements of the industry or company
to keep yourself ahead in the race. Your personality and communication skills along with efficiency
in presentations and right official etiquette, etc can have a farfetched and long lasting impact on your
• Multitasking: Multitasking enhances your ability to execute work in an efficient manner. It makes you more creative, attentive and responsive towards work. In short, your multitasking skills make you valuable to potential recruiters and the company.
• Enroll in further education and courses: Boost your earning potential and career prospects through further education and relevant courses. This will help in performing better, switching careers or obtaining a new job.
• Correct use of experience: Act smart and make correct use of your experience to ensure your career growth and move forward with a right transition. Feel confident about your skills and work experience that will set your career on right track.
• Proactive approach: With a proactive approach you can boost your career with complete focus on taking responsibility to actions and in solving problems. With proactive skills, you can have career benefits like- enhanced self esteem, better problem solving
skills, improved work performance, positive work relationships and increased motivation.
• Act Assertively: Assertive behavior is crucial in your job search and provides you the ability to express yourself and conveys your capability and self-esteem. Employers hire people who are confident and have the efficiency in clearly discussing their job qualification and avoid overly confident and aggressive people.
• Take up challenging roles: Be open to accept all sorts of lateral and challenging roles and try to look beyond your comfort zone. This could include your acceptance of taking up additional job responsibilities. Such a challenging move will help you progress and achieve success in a short span of time.
• Learn from winners: Follow the footsteps of the winners in your company. Observe their strategies and how they work to make a difference.
• Have self belief: Believe in yourself as it is crucial for your overall development and helps you in tackling adverse situations with ease and confidence.
• Think creatively: Think out-of-the-box and try to make innovative strategies of working that will only help you in being recognized and in setting yourself apart from others as a potential employee perfect for the growth and success of the company.
• Increase visibility: Volunteer for major projects that have a wide influence on the activities of the company and take initiative in representing your organization in industry meetings, discussions or forums. Build your network: Develop your networks through professional and social networking sites for ease in looking at newer opportunities, thereby allowing you to change your course of work.
Yes! Learn to focus on and manage your career. You can also set your goals and think about what all you want to achieve that will only help you move in the right direction and take your career ahead.
I try to convey this article with a good hope that this will help you to move your carrer .....