Hi All,
My company wants to enroll in provident fund.
I want know that i need to enroll separately for our head office and branch office or i should consider total strength as total of head and branch office, payroll processing and salary payout is done seperate and respective offices.
kindly enlight what shall we do.
Thanks in Advance

From India, Pune
No need to enrol with differenct PF offices. You can simply enrol with the PF commissioner in whose jurisdiction your head office comes for all the employees in HO and branch office.
From India, Mumbai

Dear Mr. pnarayan;
1st of all, I would like to inform you that, if you are going to incorporate your company in a HO-Branch structure, then as per the Act, only your HO will be registered with the concerned EPFO Branch Office along with the "List of Branch Offices" and employees.
Whereas, after that, if you will Register with ESIC, then you will need to take the Main Coverage Code for you HO and then after on behalf of that Main Coverage Code, you will need to take the ESI sub-code for all the branches, where you have coverable employees.
Hope, this information will help you.

From India, Delhi
Dear Friends EPF compliance can be done at head office or any branch office its depend on company policy. whereas ESI compliance must be state wise. Kashyap
From India, Delhi

Before U decide you answer these questions -

1. Whether separate or combined, for the purpose PF applicability & regn. a combined strength of No. employees should be taken ( For e.g. H.O. it's 5 and Br.it's 15).

2. Whether Ur employees in HO and BO are inter transferable or there is no possibility, this is desireable as your pay rolls are run separately and for the purpose of remittance U may find some practical difficulties.

3. How are your labour licences and Regn. of Estt. are taken. Are they separate or combined.

4. Also consider ESIC impact.

5. HO and BO are located in different places and separated in two diff. states ?

6. If your strength is >100 you can have exemption and can have yr. own PF Trust with due permission from EPFO.

Now going by your separate pay roll arrangements, it is convenient to have separate regn. and remittances, returns etc as well. This will enable U to process yr. PF remittances, ledgers, transfers, advances/withdrawals, settlement etc. very convenient as they are within yourself and every details are available within. On the other hand if you combine with HO U have to communicate with yr. HO.

However Both the arrangements are OK and permissible, decision is yours.


From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server