Experience And Relieving From The Company - CiteHR
Industrial Relations
Freelancer In Hr &indirect Taxes For
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hi All,
This is Paul. I worked for Mahindra Satyam(Hyderabad / Andhra Pradesh) from 19th feb'10 to Mid of March'12. I was'nt keeping well at that point so i
called my team lead and informed him the same. I was admitted in the Hospital and followed by other personal / sensitive problems which i cannot disclose here,
during which time i received a termination letter and now they are not ready give my relieving. Now that things finally started to settle down i wanted to pursue my career.
I wanted my relieving letter and my experience certificate paying the dues to the company if there are any , so that i can apply for a job. Kindly advise as to
how i can get my clearance from the company. It would be nice if i can get the contact number who would be able to assist me in this regard.
Thanks & Regards,

Dear Paul
You directly approach the HR Department and discuss about the issues. (Your personal problem, family problem, hospitalisation and bed rest at home) Show your termination letter which you have received. (If the same is in soft copy get the copy printed and keep the record of the same) Then request them to issue the clearance certificate, so that you can get cleared from all the sections. Submit the same and request for relieving letter and experience letter along with the Last Pay Certificate. If they are not willing to give you the clearance, then request them to withdraw the termination letter and ask them to regularise the long absent period with Leave without Pay on special grounds.
If your approach is good surely the HR Team & the Management will help you out.

Hi Paul,
As you had not served your notice period, the company was justified in giving the termination letter. Relieving letter is given in case the employee resigns formally and does a proper hand over of the responsibilities, which you could not do in this case. So, you may not be able to get the relieving letter.
However, you can request for an experience certificate from them, which will be a proof that you worked at the said organization for the particular time period.
The same can be given to the new organization and a valid reason for the gap can be also provided.
For more, you can try and get in touch with your reporting manager in your last organization and see if he can be of any help in getting the clearance.
Hope this helps

Hello Bhaskar,
Thank you for the information provided. I did try talking to my Hr as well as the Hr Manager but that did not work out. Am just worried. Tried all the possible ways to get my relieving. Kindly advise.

Hello All,
As said am ready to pay my dues if there are any. Only thing i wanted is my relieving / experience from the company for the tenure i was with them. Eagerly waiting for a response and a way out.

What is the termination clause in your appointment letter, e.g. 1 month notice period or salary in lieu of notice period then once again approach the HR Manager and submit your plea alongwith your hospitalisation proof which will suffice your employer to give the experience letter. Releiving letter in your case is not applicable as such you have not given any handover of your responsibilities and even was not applicable in your case. Am sure on an humanitarian ground they will give you the experience certificate.
Hi Paul,
I agree with Saji as the only thing you can get in this case is experience letter. Try and request for the same.
Relieving from the duties is completely out of question here as its already over six months and company for sure might have hired a new person in your place long back. What responsibilities and dues you think you are left with in that organization?
In my opinion ask them for an experience letter which you might get as its a statement of your tenure in the said organization.
In case you are unable to get the same, you can use your appointment letter and salary slips till the last month or bank records to prove your employment with the last organization.

Hello Nisha,
Thank you so much for the suggestion. One last question is if i take and use my appointment letter and salary slips till the last month or bank records to prove employment with the last organization, then if there is a background check / verification in the new place of work with that then they would not allow me to continue as the previous employer would give a negative feedback. I guess getting my experience certificate would be more safer to prove it. Please i need all your valuable suggestions.

Hi Paul,
As long as background verification is concerned, it mostly relates to your past performance. If you left the last job on the based grounds mentioned by you, then there is no issue in communicating the same to your future employer. If at all your past employer will complain about something then it will be what you have already informed to the new company. The problem may arise if your and your past employer's stories contradict.
But this will be the case most possibly even when you provide the experience letter.
Just try and be confident on yourself and honestly present the picture if asked for. If you are capable enough then you will get the right opportunity no matter what.
Hope this helps!

Dear Paul
You tell the truth about your problems and consequently your termination and further your discussion with HR and your lead manager while attending the interview. This will help you out even if your background verification result is negative.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™