Process Industry Consultant / Soft Skill
Sr. Executive - Hr & Admin
+1 Other

My friend worked for company A for 5 years and then moved to another company where he worked for 6 years. Then he quit and started his own business. Now he wants to withdraw his entire PF amount. Company A has shut down and he has no contacts there. He had not transferred his PF from Company A to B. Is there any chance of getting his money back?

From India, Bangalore
Please refer FAQ in PF Site Point No 19...Get the signature from the below said person and fill the form 19 & 10C..fill it directly with PF office..
19) What is the procedure to be followed by the member if the employer is not attesting his claim forms?
It is the duty of the employer under the Act & Scheme to help Employees' Provident Fund organisation to settle the Provident Fund dues of his employees. He has to complete the prescribed application within 5 days of receipt [para72(5)] forms & hand over it to the member when he leaves the service. When a member finds difficult to get the form attested by the employer, he can get the attestation of any of the following officer & send to the Provident Fund office
Manager of a bank.
By any gazetted officer.
Member of the Central Board of Trustees./ committee/ Regional Committee (Employees'
Provident Fund Organization).
Magistrate/ Post/ Sub Post Master/ President of Village Panchayat/ Notary Public.

From India, Delhi
Hello V
Many questions arise.
1.0 When working in Company A what proof does the ex - employee have that the PF contribution deducted from his
salary was actually deposited with appropriate authority for the said purpose?
2.0 In company A if PF contribution was deducted, was the amount deposited with an Authorised Trust OR with the PF Commissioner?
3.0 Does the ex-employee have his PF account number when he worked in company A?
4.0 Does the ex-employee have at present any proof of PF contribution deduction when he worked in Company A, Say,
Pay slip, Annual Statement of employee & employer contribution accumulation details etc ?
Getting the answers to the above queries would make the matter clear. If details are available then contacting the
Trust or the Commissioner as the case may be would help to find out about the PF from Company A.
V.Raghunathan………………………………………………Navi Mumbai

From India
Hello Madhan,
Thank you for the response and steps. this helps.
Hello Raghunathan,
Thank you for the response. To answer your question regarding proof of PF, he has a statement slip showing the details of the PF paid. It is not an annual report or anything.

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™