Swami Vivekananda Writes To You.
1. Be moral. Be brave. Be a heart whole man.
2. Donít bother your head with religious theories.
3. The secret of religion is not in theories but in practice.
4. Everyone can play the role of master, but it is difficult to be a servant.
5. All Gurus are one, and are fragments and radiations of God.
6. Read the Gita everyday to the best of your opportunity.
7. The Hindu must not give up his religion, but must keep religion within its proper limit and give freedom to society to grow.
8. Freedom is the only condition of growth.
9. Every soul is a sun covered over with clouds of ignorance; the difference between soul and soul is due to the difference in density of these layers of clouds.
10. If the mountain does not come to Mohammed, Mohammed must go the mountain. If the poor cannot come to education, education must reach them at the plough, in the factory and everywhere.
11. Cherish positive thoughts.
12. Great men are those who build highways for others with their heartís blood.
13. Your country requires heroes; be heroes.
14. The secret of success of the Westerners is the power of organization and combination.
15. Expansion is life, contraction is death.
16. Money does not pay, nor name; fame does not pay, nor learning. It is love that pays.
17. There cannot be growth without liberty.
18. Work; work for, to work only for the good of others is life.
19. Sri Ramakrishna has in fifty years lived the five thousand years of national spiritual life.
20. Pay no attention whatsoever to newspaper nonsense or criticism.
21. Stand firm like a rock as Truth always triumphs.
22. Do not lose heart; Do not lose faith in Guru; Do not lose faith in God. So long as you possess these three, nothing can harm you.
23. Kill self first, if you want to succeed.
24. Men are more valuable than all the wealth of the world.
25. Infinite patience, infinite purity and infinite perseverance are the secret of success in a good cause.
26. Advaita will be the future religion of thinking humanity. No doubt about that.
27. There is no chance for the welfare of the world, unless the condition of the women is improved. It is not possible for a bird to fly on only one wing.
28. Work on with the intrepidity of a lion but at same time with the tenderness of a flower.
29. It is very easy to search for faults, but the characteristic of saint or leader lies in looking merits.
30. The masses will always have the person, the higher ones, the principle.
31. Misery is caused by ignorance and nothing else.
32. What the world wants is character. It should be established through stumbles.
33. Whatever you do , let that be your worship for the time.
34. Whatever is truth will remain for ever; whatever not, none can preserve.
35. Make a blaze. Make a blaze.
36. The sum total of good and evil in the world remains same.
37. Gratitude and hospitality are the peculiar characteristics of Indian humanity.
38. Music is the highest art and to those who understand, it is the highest worship.
39. Material science can only give worldly prosperity, whilst spiritual science is for eternal life.
40. The Upanishads and Gita are the true scriptures.
41. It is in the books written by priests that madness like that of caste are to be found and not in books revealed by God.
42. It is the heart that conquers, not the brain.
43. God is the sum total of all souls.
44. All the wealth of the world cannot help one little Indian village, if the people are not taught to help themselves. Our work should be mainly educational, both moral and intellectual.
45. To do good, perfect unselfishness is absolutely necessary.
46. Both attachment and detachment perfectly combined make a man great and happy.
47. The secret of life is not enjoyment, but education through experience.
48. Love makes the whole universe as oneís own home.
49. Go bravely and do not expect success in a day or a year.
50. The life comes and goes-wealth, fame, enjoyments are only few days.
11th August 2012 From India, Madras
Dear Balaji Greetings. Nice to see your comments. Please pass this to your friends and spread the message as much as you can. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.
11th August 2012 From India, Madras If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.