Partner - Risk Management
Human Resource-professional
Manager - Hr & Ir
+1 Other

Thread Started by #ptelang

We are a software company from Mumbai.
Our employee strength varies from 15 to 20 depending on work load.
Recently we received a Rs.65K payment demand from PF office.
The notice gives a consolidated figure with no break up.
This happened after PF officer did his inspection of our records.
We are very particular about timely payments and would like to contest this claim.
If anyone could guide us on what is the next step.
No we don’t want to “settle “this the usual way it happens.
What would be the next step?
Also how to get a break up of this consolidated settlement.
Help appreciated.
10th August 2012 From India, Mumbai
Dear Ptelang,
If at any point of time, you had 20 employees in your organsiation, you had to register for PF. Once registered even if the employee counts decrease it has to be continued.
Also suggest you, to give you some more clarity on the issue, like if the PF office have asked for some money they must have mentioned the reason or under what category.
10th August 2012 From India, Mumbai
Dear Sir,
With reference to your query, pl mention under what grounds the PF Authorities served notice to your organisation.If you want more details, pl free to talk with me.
P.V.Rama Rao
10th August 2012 From India, Chennai
We do have a PF number and we are very particular in payment We would like to know what are the ways to appeal against this demand notice
10th August 2012 From India, Mumbai
Attached here with the part of the PF notice could anyone explain what is meant by EE ER A/C I A/c II.... and how can we obtain break up of these amounts
10th August 2012 From India, Mumbai

Attached Images
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First
File Type: jpg pf notice.jpg (50.6 KB, 119 views)

EE-> Refers to employee's contribution
ER-> Refers to employers's contribution
A/C NO. 1-> Contribution towards PF Fund.
A/C NO. 2-> Contribution towards PF admin charges.
A/C No. 10-> Contibution towards Pension Fund.
A/C No. 21-> Contribution towards EDLI.
A/C No. 22-> Contribution towards EDLI Admin.
I would suggest you to check your records, and tally with that of PF office, there must be some contributions which you might have missed, or may be some mis calculation by the PF Office. The matter is not that serious. Do a scrutiny of the data hope it will be solved.
10th August 2012 From India, Mumbai
Dear Sir,
We are leading consultants in the field of Statutory Compliance based in Mumbai.
We can help you with contesting the case with the PF department.
You can contact us on
Archit Kulkarni.
Gurushree Services.
10th August 2012 From India, Pune
First question :
Did you have more than 19 employees shown in your muster rolls at any time ?
Second : if you had, then were any of them having salary (basic+da) less than 6500 ?
The reply to everything depends on these 2 answers
12th August 2012 From India, Mumbai
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™