Sir/s, I have worked as Section Officer in a College of University of Delhi and my pay in PB-2 was Rs.23740/- + Rs.5400/-Grade Pay on 1.7.2011. I was appointed as Officiating Administrative Officer w.e.f 01.8.2011 and thereupon my pay was Rs.23740+Rs.5400/-(GP)+Rs.2000/- Officiating Pay till I joined same post (Administrative Officer, through direct recruitment) on 22.3.2012 after technical resignation. The University protected my pay (Rs.237400- + GP5400/- in PB-3) with next date of increment on 1.7.2013. To be on safer side, I have given option within one month for fixation of pay w.e.f. 1.7.2012. I got no monetary benefit on regular appointment. On the other side, I suffered loss of one increment which I could get on 1.7.2012 in my old post which I am not getting the same (increment on 1.7.2012) as I have not completed qualifying period of 6 months on 1st July 12.

As a result of my upward movement through direct recruitment from Section Officer to Administrative Officer in the same Institution I suffered loss of one increment. As a matter of natural justice my pay should not be lesser than that I could get in my old post. Kindly guide me in this matter and quote the rule under which I can give my representation in order to get increment on the anniversary of increment on which it falls due.
8th August 2012 From India, Delhi

Are you treated as fresh appointee as an Administrative officer since you have resigned from Section Officer's post and is your seniority(past service as Section officer) protected?
HR & Labour Law Advsior
9th August 2012 From India, Mumbai
Sir, I am entitled to pensionary benefits due to my GPF option since I joined service in University of Delhi i.e. in 1985. The University has protected my past service in terms of service/retirement benefits. As per University rules, I am on probation for one year in my present post (Administrative Officer) and holding lien on my permanent post (Section Officer).
Yashpal Talan
9th August 2012 From India, Delhi
It appears that you have been treated as a fresh appointee in Pay band-3 since you cam to be selected through direct recruitment but not through a promotion process. Had you been promoted to Admn.Officer's Post from Section Officer's Post, probably you would have been given increment on 1-7-2012. However when the past service has been protected for pensionary and retirement benefits, the other benefits flowing from such service can also be protected.All the same, the fitment and pay fixation of serving employees will be governed by the service rules which are binding on you as an employee. You may verify the service rules and precedents in this regard to make out any case for you.
HR & Labour Law Advsior
10th August 2012 From India, Mumbai
The service rules applicable to the employees of University of Delhi are the same as applicable to the Central Government employees. Hence, I want my pay to be fixed under FR22 so that I do not lose my increment on 1.7.2012. My case can be seen in the light of the case IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
LPA NO. 690 OF 2001
Date of Decision : March 3, 2009.
11th August 2012 From India, Delhi
Share what you know with your industry peers. Discuss problems, ideas, solutions openly without getting into company or personal specifics. Create Account

Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network