Thank you for the query. Let me raise a few questions before giving you a tip. Have you searched CiteHr; if not kindly do so. Quality and HR are both vast fields. The study should be of some use to the organisation and, hence, please discuss it with the mentor there? Have you studied Research Methodology? If not, kindly see my ppt presentation available at CiteHR.
Finally, what do you feel passionate about: Quality of service or HR?
9th July 2012 From United Kingdom
You chose a wonderful topic I think.
To outsiders hospitality and HR services are very dry topics.
I am a graduate but if given an opportunity I'll pursue a project on HRM issues.
My personal idea about the project will be:Standardization of HR services.
- Obtain the statistics about how many emloyees know about the rights they acquire other than salary. Because of the lack of knowledge of the rights employees became and still becoming the targets and scapegoats of bad HR practices. I intend to prepare a questionnaire and take response from atleast one lakh employees in companies of various statures.
- What is to be done to enlighten employees of the rights they gain when in employment? The availability of the material should be equivalent to the availability of a newspaper.
- Prepare another questionnaire and get the stats of how good their HR and management is treating the employees. How good is the employee feeling about working for a particular organization etc.,
- Give a normalized rating to the companies about how good are they in HR practices and make this publicly available for all.
- If the statistics obtained and the analyzed results are close to the actual situation, to the extent that your rating becomes a significant source of company's profile, then it is helpful to lakhs of employees.
- Also a HR quality services certification program can be designed. A certified HR may not be able to give the assurance of practically following the standards but they atleast know with utmost clarity of what they are supposed to do.
This is a massive project to work upon I believe, but if you can model a concept in these lines it would be great.
So, that was my idea of a project. Please excuse me if this is worth nothing for a project or a thesis.
Saraswathi, if there is anything that you can extract from my points and modify according to your needs it would be nice. If irrelavant, just ignore kindly.
All the Best!!
10th July 2012 From France, Guyancourt
I wonder how you can start your PhD "without any idea". Where have you registered for the degree and do you not have a Supervisor to guide you? Have you done any literature search and read any articles available on the web?
Please also answer other questions raised by me in my previous post.
12th July 2012 From United Kingdom
12th July 2012 From India, Coimbatore
Thank you for clarifying the situation. Pressure from family without commitment from you will be futile. As a part-time student, it will take nearly 5 years to complete your research and submissions. Can you spare time?
Kindly see SERVQUAL Model - Express Healthcare and see if that interests you and your organisation can give you facility to conduct primary research? You can find more info on SERVQUAL at Google
Also see http://londonmet.ac.uk <link fixed> http://aber.ac.uk <link updated to site home> ... and mikehart-papers.co.uk/qube_web/euram_5b.doc found at Google Student Evaluation of Learning and Teaching - National Tertiary Education Union <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
So, you see Saraswathi, finding articles is easy. I just did a Google search. I have applied SERVQUAL to teaching and my paper (Narasimhan, K. (1997) and (2000) have been cited by quite a few.
12th July 2012 From United Kingdom