Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Director For Academy,, People And Competency
Of the three traits viz. purpose, humility and discipline you can conduct the training on purpose however, humility and discipline has to be taught by parents especially by mother.
Corporate training is no substitute for mother's grooming. She is supreme source in imbibing soft skills in her kids. But then there lies catch too. 21st century mothers should have time to groom their children and secondly, they also should have humility and discipline. Otherwise how mothers will be able to develop these two traits in their children?
These are my personal views. Other members can contribute.
30th June 2012 From India, Bangalore
As Mr. Dinesh has rightly pointed out, home (the parents or particularly the mother) is the proper place to groom an individual during his formative years to develop such fertile personality. in my view, there are also two other factors who can help a person to devlop such fertile personality. If some one is not fortunate to have such guiding parents or mother, I have come acroos instances where schools(teachers) played the role of a guide and phylosopher in shaping his personality though it cannot be true of every school. If one is not so fortunate to be apart of such school,I found instances where a mature friend who himself is an example of such amiable personality help him in shaping his personality.But this is along term process.
HR & Labour Law Advsior
30th June 2012 From India, Mumbai
- Self-Discipline, or self-control, means taking possession of your mind
- Self-Discipline is one of the greatest of all essentials for success
- If you cannot master yourself, you have little hope of mastering anything or anyone else
Some key learning from the Law of Success on the Self-Discipline principle include:
- Self-Discipline and the Mind
- Control of Emotions
- Self-Discipline as a matter of adopting constructive habits
- Balancing the Heart and the Mind
- The Power of the Will
- How to Begin
Quotations from Napoleon Hill on Self-Discipline:
"Direct your thoughts, control your emotions, and create a destiny of your own choosing"
"Self-Discipline is the tool with which you can harness and direct your inborn emotions in the direction of your choice"
"When you can manage yourself, you are ready to start managing others"
"Self-Discipline is the first rule of all successful leadership"
30th November 2012 From Malaysia, Petaling Jaya
Traits and characteristics
Preferred Leadership Styles
Leadership Gap Analysis
Email me for an online line test
2nd December 2012 From Malaysia, Petaling Jaya
Its worth to establish and ask:
1. What are the values of individuals prior asking what are values for your organisation.
2. Establishing individual values will provide alignment of individual embrace and internalise organisational values closer to them.
3. Those three elements are assumptions - having and assessment what are the values embraced prior the training, will enable you to formulate right interventions.
Remember, it is worth to establish the state of the leadership (the climate within your company), prior offering any training. Because leadership is all about understanding people and knowing them, while you also learning and understanding about yourself.
7th February 2013 From Malaysia, Puchong