Dear all,
I have a doubt regarding Stability certificate from Competent person under rule 3c of Rajasthan factories rules 1951.
we have a hazardous waste management facility in western rajasthan nearby jodhpur, the nature of the work is industrial waste collection, treatment and disposal into a landfill. there is no any sort of manufacturing process it is basically a service sector.
Here my doubt is we have taken permission for total 17 drawings include all landfill, rainwater collection sumps security gates, compound wall and master plan. landfill and some of the sumps are made with HDPE sheet kept in a ground with some depression.
factory inspector telling to take certificate for all drawings by testing by the competent agency who are authorized. they have given quot for 4000/ drawing.
anybody please confirm me whether the stability test is for only buildings or all the plans which was authorized by the factories department.

From India, Calcutta

AGM EHS and Project Management
Dear Bapi,

I hope the provisions made under Rajastan Factories Rules are the same as that of Maharashtra Factories Rules.

The Stability Certificate focuses on Structural Stability.

I have re-produced the Condition given in Maharashtra Factories Rules to be filled by structural engineers in Form No 1A.

[COLOR="Red"]I Certify that I have inspected the premises, the plans of which have been approved by the chief Inspector in his letter number ............... Dated .........

and examined the various parts including the foundations with special reference to the machinery, plant etc.; that have been installed. I am of the openion that all the works of engineering construction in the premises is/are structurally soundand that its/their, stability will not be en-dangered by its/their use as a Factory / Part of a Factory for the manufacture of ..................... for which the machinery, plant etc. installed are intended.[COLOR="Black"]

My interpretation of the rule is any structure above ground needs to have a stability Certificate, where manufacturing process is being carried out.

To me, the Stability Certificate is not necessary for landfill sites. You can submit Drawings only for the structures above ground and take stability Certificate.

Thanks & Regards,


From India, Nasik
Sudir, Thank you very much for your prompt reply. please let me know that is it required for the boundary walls and water storage tanks are also need to be certified. regards Bapi
From India, Calcutta
Rajeev Verma

HR Professional
Yes, Stability Structural certificate is required from the Registered Structural Engineer, who is having a degree in the Structural Engineering and competent enough to give the certificate.
From India, Delhi
Thank you guys, but doubt is whether stability is only for buildings in the factory or all the drawings which are approved by factory inspector. Regards Bapi
From India, Calcutta

AGM EHS and Project Management
Dear Bapi,
According to me the compound walls and underground water storage tanks do not require stability Certificates. Factories Inspector have not insisted for the same as well in our case.
How ever if the Water Storage tank is over head, it requires a structure for which Stability Certificate is must.
Thanks & Regards,

From India, Nasik
Dear Sir,
I am very confused about the structural stability for madhya pradesh can any one justify that the renewal year of structure is Five Years ,Three years or its Life time. (Sir Please also specify the rule or section of Madhyapradesh Factory act/Rules)

From India, New Delhi
Dear All,
I am Consulting Structural Engineer & registered Chartered Engineer. I am having authority to issue the Stability Certificate.
So, please contact me for Stability Certificate.
Thanks & Regards
Suyog V. Tikle
Chartered Engineer
ME (Structures), PGDBA (HR), BE (Civil Engg.), D.C.E.
Office Address.- Block No.- 17, 3rd Floor, Above MacDonald\'s,
Ripplez Mall, Opposite Shiv Sena Shakha, Sector- 7, Airoli,
Navi Mumbai - 400708
Mob. No.- +91 9860219373
+91 9769864249
EmailID- [email protected]

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™