According to me there are 3 aspects to this
1. The Releaving and Experience letter from the current Co.
2. Your fainancial loss as per the 2 months of nitice period policy
3. New Co. policy to reimburse your financial loss
As per my knowledge you need to think on these 3 points and openly discuss with both the Co.
for further details we can have a mail discussion on my E-mail Id
Thanks for reply.
My new company wants me to join in 1 months time.
I am ready to serve the notice period up to 1 month, after which I wont be able to continue. If I continue I would lose my new job.So follwoing are the queries:
1. Can my employer hold back my relieving and experience letter and take any legal action?
2. My new compny has agreed to submit the relieving after 1 month of joining, so will my old employer give me the relieving letter, experience letter & full & final Amount after 1 month?
3. I have already informed my employer that I would work upto a given date.I have given the resignation and he has also accepted it with relieving date as per 2 months policy. So can he make me abscondinh if I go in 1 month?
1. If they will not accept your resignation letter they will not give you relieving and experience letter. If they will make you absconding then they will send a notice at your correspondence address.
2. If your resignation will be accepted only then you will get the relieving and experience letter, and other full and final.
3. You said you have submitted your resignation letter. You have the received and accepted stamp OR such received signature of any of your HR? If it is there they cannot make you absconding.
My suggestion is, you talk to your current co. HR or the MD OR Owner to accept your resignation letter
Also talk to your new company that if they want to join you in a month’s time they should accept only that resignation letter which you have submitted to the current Co. and explain them the whole story.
I have similar problem, but with some modifications.
1. Notice period in my company was 3 months, which i only served for 10 days. Though my resignation was accepted and i was asked to complete the notice period (which i could not as my new company did not have that much time to wait on some project)
2 .New company did not have any issues accepting me and i have already started working.
3. Now after 25 days of leaving my previous company they have sent an courier asking for full and final (amout is in lakhs, not sure how)
My questions are
can they go legal against me, if i do not pay the asked amount.I do not need experience letter or relieving letter. I am only concerned about legal complications.
I know i was unprofessional but there were couple of issues which made me leave the job like
1 . my boss shouting on small small things in front of all
2. taking decisions without taking in consideration employee career\
3. never involving HR in any matter and restricting employees reaching HR
it was like running his own business/shop however it was an US MNC india office we were working