Hr Consultant
Hr Assistant
+2 Others

Thread Started by #vivekcite

Hi, My new employer took PF Number of Old Employer in the PF Nomination form. Why do they want the Existing PF Number? Will I get New PF Number for the new employer or it will remain same?
8th June 2012 From India, Mumbai
Dear Vivek,
It depends on your decision. If you want to continue with the same number then employer will process your PF transfer to the new account. Or else if you want to withdraw you PF amount of previous employer than you may approach your previous employer for your PF claim. But it is suggested that PF transfer is always better to continue your PF service.
8th June 2012 From India, Hyderabad
Thanks Rajendra for the reply.
But I am getting confuse. I thought every employer gives unique pf number to its employee. It is possible that one employer uses another employer pf number to deposit employee's pf contribution(This is different from PF Transfer).
Eg. Employer A - Pf No. 123
Employer B - Pf No. (Same as Employer A) ?
As far as transfer is concern I need to have two separate PF number from which I can do the transfer from Employer A - Pf No. to Employer B - Pf No.
Kindly clear this doubt.
11th June 2012 From India, Mumbai
Hi Vivek
The PF No. is given by the government not from the employer it is nothing but pf account no. this is the first thing you have to know and if you want to close the pf account of first employer it takes 2 months time to apply for the withdraw after your resignation and after that if you open for one more pf account from the second employer on the same name it creates an issue when u resign the job,the same thing happened to me.
so i suggest u to keep the same pf account no. till you take a retirement from the job,so that u will be benefited, if the account continues for 3 years you can draw the amount without closing the account and after 5 years they will give u an option for loan either for house or marriage.
my best suggestion is not to close the pf account of your first employer just submit the form 13 to the present employer so that your account will be transferred to the present company from the past employer.
11th June 2012 From India, Hyderabad
The problem I am facing now is, I joined Company A and got PF no. A123. Then I resigned and joined Company B , Here Company B took PF Number of Company A while nomination.Also I didnt initiated my PF Transfer from Company A to Comapny B. Due to some circumstances I had to resign from Company B within 2 month,because of which I didnt got any new PF number from Company B. Now Currently I am working in Company C. So should I approach for PF transfer to Company A or Company B?
Or will it be a separate transfer from Company A to Company C and then Company B to Company C? (I have not initiated the transfer from Company A to Company B, I dont have any PF Number that was given by Company B).
12th June 2012 From India, Mumbai
So, according to my knowledge as u told me that u worked only for 2 months in Company B,that is not valid to open a Pf account, at least if u have worked for 6 months then only u will get a PF account no.So according to this still u didn't get any Pf account no. in Company B, So u transfer From Company A to Company C directly by using form 13.
As per my Knowledge Pf Account no. will be different from company to company only the thing is the amount which has been credited in to the pf account of previous company will transfer to the new account no. which will be given by the new company.
And one more thing if u work for any company for 6 months then only u will have a pf account no. so the amount which has been deducted from the salary will not be credited in case if u work less than 6 months.
12th June 2012 From India, Hyderabad
Thanks Srawanthi. I am not sure about this "If you work for 6 months then only i will get the pf number". Because when I joined Company A in the past, I got the PF No. within 1st payroll.
12th June 2012 From India, Mumbai
Old PF number is required by present employer to check and authorize the claims of old account to present account. if you do not disclose the same, they will deny to authorize the same in plain words
12th October 2016
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™