Environmental, Health And Safety
I am not sure your'e in construction/Industry if you are in construction I'll help you to draw a perfect EHS Newsletter; it must contains atleast the minimum points which is states below;
- Project ESH priorities (Activity: crane opreation risk: high u need to address all your construction activities and training's required)
- Current issues with corrective action (With reference and pictures)
- Must available picture's/ Photo's of Violation (you need to address how did you correct, What is the root cause of the violation etc..,, in 10 lines)
- Upcoming training's details (It's should states who needs to attend, Why they need to attend, What are the benefits they're going to get end of the training)
- Need to address your new contractors with welcome note (no need brief)
- Welcome your new employees with pictures.
- Appreciate your employees who report unsafe act/ unsafe conditions with pictures.
- Issue appreciation certificates who done one year or 6 month in that project without involveing any safety violation with pictures
- Updates latest Act/Law which was revised by Government earlier. etc.,,,,,,,,,,,
Shoot me a E-mail i will forward the EHS newsletter to you it will help you to make your own EHS letter.
See the attached Newsletter format in word format for your use.
4th June 2012 From United States, Fpo
5th June 2012 From Oman
You have already got great inputs from Raghu & Mr. Bipin Gautam...
In addition to their contributions, I would like to share few thoughts... Our corporate safety is publishing quarterly E-magazine on safety... The name only differs here... Contents are all same as Bulletin or News Letter...
There are two ways you can publish these news letter... Either it should contain almost all the activities the company is doing in the field of EHS or else you can take a specific top for the particular month... For an example Work at Height... Let the news letter covers all the aspect of this particular jobs... Few best practices photographs.... Highlight some violations no need of photo here or else it may de-motivate people... Make it simple, short and easily digestible... Little information at a time so that all can go through , understand and follow it on site...
Apart from this what unit specific we planning to do is that to release a unit magazine which covers all the aspects starting from mining to dispatch of product... In this all the departments are covering their activities in one or two pages, in the same manner safety also getting place in this magazine... This way also you can think upon...
Now if you need our companies Quarterly E-magazine do let me know... I will send you over mail...
All the very best for your EHS News Letter...
Dear Raghu & Bipin
Great and timely inputs... Keep on sharing and keep up the pace...
6th June 2012 From India