What exactly are you looking for in Recruitment policy?
Recruitment policy generally differs in each company. I can give you a bief idea on the same.
Step 1: Set guidlelines and SLA for each of the following.
- Acquire Resource requisition
- Forecast Manpower plan (yearly or quaterly)
- Derive Recruitment plan from MP (monthly)
Identify the different types of hiring like
- Lateral Hiring
- Fresher hiring
Steps involved in Lateral hiring
- Sourcing: Define the sources used, example:job portals,consultants,employee referrals, job fairs, advertisement. Keep an approximation on the criticality and urgency for each of them and give a guidleine when when you should invest (or make use) them.
- Screening (or Shortlisting):
Define the grade (SSE,PL,PM) of the person who would be shortlisting the profiles for each skill-set. you can go to an extent of mentioning their names too. But that would need you to revise it quite often.
Define SLA as to within when you would be scheduling the candidates. say in the next 7 days time.
Define for every grade and skill set the interviewer's grade or team responsible for. Number of rounds of interview for each grade. Selection criteria if you have a written test (scores etc.).
SLA for the offer to be released "Within how many days after the interviews are over?"
- Make a campus recruitment document specifying the eligibility criteria like the % marks,department etc.
- Define the selection process.
- Placement cycle. (When the fresher recruitment plan to begin)
- Set up a "Agreement" that would be agreed on for all consultants working with the company.
- Design a skill-set matrix defining the levels of primary and secondary skills. This would be good if it is a product company, if it's a service company it would be quite challenging to make this..
- Define the employee referral policy.
This is all I can think of now....Hope this information is of use..
Thanks & Regards,
23rd August 2007 From India, Mumbai