View Poll Results: PF is taxable or not if withdrawn after 20 months
YES 11 16.18%
NO 57 83.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

RR Mohanty
Manager (hr & Admn)
+7 Others

PF ammount is taxable or not if I want to withdraw the whole amount after 1.5 years of working.
e.g: monthly deduction is Rs. 780
Working since: 22 months.
780*22= 17160*2=34320+Interest (Just approx)
from above equation, shall i able to get the whole Rs. 34000+ (If I resign after 22 months) or it will come after tax deduction?
Please help me to clear my doubt.

From India, Delhi
PF contributions accumulated and withdrawn after any period of time is not taxable Regards Sebastian
From India, Bangalore
PF withdrawal is taxable if withdrawn before five years as per income tax act. Please get this clarified from A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT. Paresh Shah.
From India, Mumbai
P.F. withdrawal is tax exempted. You will get whole of your contribution andd only a part of employer’s contribution if the account is closed in less tthan 5 years. K.Viswanathan.
From India, Delhi
Hi, Can the employer stop any employees' EPF or denies to share any information if he/she is absconding?
From India, Delhi
Thanx Shakti
I was an employee in a consultancy for about 6.6 months (Sept 20, 2010 - April 4, 2011). I did put the resignation but according to them, mine is an absconding case and thus they are not sharing my EPF Account number with me. What can i do to get my EPF Account number?

From India, Delhi
As per My poll results 90% says that PF is not taxable at any circumstances. What about the rest 10%?
From India, Delhi
Shewta, Had you got pay slip from your employer and Pf deduction shown in your pay slip???
From India
Yes Shakti,i do have a pay slip and my PF Deduction is mentioned in my appointment letter also.
From India, Delhi
If your employer completely deny for PF telling you PF number, then you can go to your nearest PF Office and meet the PF Inspector of your area alongwith your Appointment Letter and Payslip and tell him all the story, He will definitely help you regarding this. But before this you should go to your employer and ask him again regarding PF and if employer denies, tell him that you can be go to PF office against them.
I am sure after this your employer will come in defensive mode.

From India

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™