1. Cyber crime ranks as one of the top four types of economic crime in India.
2. 58% of the corporates perceived Information Technology department as a high risk department with respect to committing cyber crime.
3. 96% of the corporates have said that their organisations monitor internal and external electronic traffic and web-based activity.
4. About 2/3rd of the corporates did not have access to forensic technology tools that are useful in combating cyber crime.
5. 35% of the corporates did not have any cyber security training in the last 12 months.
6. Nearly two-thirds of the corporates found that the perpetrators were among their own staff
Find the full article on Employee's Internet Misuse at Asklabourproblem.info for FREE!
Visit Asklabourproblem.info for definitive Industrial Relations and Labour related solutions for FREE.
Your information is very much valuable. But, i need only 5 line letter body like,
The internet usage in the company are property of the company. Some of our employees are misuse the internet access. these type of activities are strictly prohibited. So, all the employees are requested to use internet in proper manner inside the company. If any one found with misuse of internet access the company will take action up to termination of employment.
Please send me proper letter format of above information...
Thanks in advance,
A 5 line letter is not sufficient to deal with the problem.
Management needs to articulate a clear policy on internet usage, ie what is and is not allowed. If internet usage is to be used strictly for business use only, then say so.
However, your policy must state clearly what IS NOT allowed, ie checking private email, sending jokes and long winded powerpoint presentations of pretty cats etc, Facebook, checking job portals, searching for property, internet shopping, etc etc.
Employees also need clear direction on what they can and cannot do. Only then can you take action when they break the rules.
You can also direct the IT department to block access to certain sites like Facebook, Hotmail, Yahoo, Amazon etc.
Internet usage in the company premises are property of the company. It has come to our notice that some employees are misusing this internet facility. These types of activities are strictly prohibited. So, all employees are requested to use internet appropriately and strictly for official purpose only. If anyone is found misusing this facility in the office, strict action will be taken against that employee up to the extent of termination of employment with company.
The IT department can configure the system in such a way that gaming sites,Facebook etc are blocked.
The policy letter should be clear and specific about restrictions on accessing entertainment sites,inappropriate sites,personal emailing,messaging etc.
Permission to down load from sites can be kept with system administrator.
After explaining company policy, if someone is still trying to bypass or misuse then general circular can be issued about attempts being made to violate company policy or even warning letter to specific person.