Management Consulting, Management Development,
You can organise one to one session between Line Manager and the employees or between HR and employee to know the pulse of the employees. Such sessions are good to understand the aspirations, suggestions or complaints of the employees. You can name this session as 'Feel the Pulse' or 'Between Us'. You may also organise some Team Building games which would give the chance to the employee to know each other.
20th March 2012 From India
What are the current problems in the company where your function can help?
Simply starting something for the 'heck' of it, well... we can drop in 100 suggestions... But please be more professional and focused when you ask for something...
20th March 2012 From United States, Daphne
Have you measured the current level of bonding with HR? And what is the target level you want to achieve?
Please share the details and then we can look at the situation more objectively and suggest.
21st March 2012 From United States, Daphne
Our Company has 3 branches in Malout, zirakpur & Hamirpur. so we have team of 4 HR people in total. but we are working in different disvisions. I am talking about zirakpur branch. Here 2 HR present. there is a not that much great bonding in between HR and developers. so i want to increase that.
21st March 2012 From India, Chandigarh
I am working in same kind of small unit organization , in my company to increse the bond i have started few activities like :-
1. Birthday celebrations on month end
2. Employee of the Month
3. some team building games or just fun games like:- "Colour day- People have to come into particular color or dress on particular day"
4. Fun day
5. Guess day "Where you have to bring some lines which are used by the employees in day today by employees or some habbits which they use or click there photographs like table or some actions where faces are not visible just display that and aske to employees to guess that person.
6. Any saturday or less working day to make movie day "Display a fun movie and some snacks like popcorn or drinks and play it on your meeting hall or some comon place where they can enjoy and relax."
7. Fun games like:- "Make the mummy , or bump the baloon, paper dance, or burn the candle etc"
Do all these activities it will not involve much money but your people will get attached with you and each other more and they will get occupy into all these activites rather than mind boggling politics .....and it will creat a healthy enviorment for them and organization.
21st March 2012 From India, Delhi
S B Ramesh,
22nd March 2012 From India, Madras
You may celeberate birthdays of employees at the end of the month, a get togather to felicitate best performing employee (he should be adjudged to be so by all HODs), may organise games, quizz (in relation to the activities of the company), picnic , foundation day of the company etc at proper intervals. You may involve families of the employees also in events like picnic, quizz, drawing/painting competetion. You may also introduce a scheme to reward such of the brilliant employees wards of employees who show exceptional performance in their Board examinations etc.
Please examine the feasibility at your end start introducing above and similar schemes one by one. I am sure this will certainly integrate employees with the company.
11th April 2012 From India, Delhi