Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries,
Working As Deputy Manager At Sandhar Technologies
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
One employee of a CPSU has joined a another PSU after resignation. Kindly let me know whether the Gratuity payable to him by the previous employer is to paid directly yo him or it is to be transferred to to his new employer? Also share any statutory provisions on this
From India, Delhi
Gratuity will not be transferred to his new employer. If a company had deposited an amount towards Gratuity fund in the LIC or in any bank where the company have its account, After submitting the Claim form to the LIC or any Bank, than the gratuity amount will be transferred first to the Company account and from there it will be transferred to individual account in order to have proper accountability.

From India, Delhi
I know somebody's experience to transfer gratuity on transfer from one CPSU to another CPSU. According to calculation (clubbing both services) he had to get Rs. 8.5 lakh. But he got Rs. 3.5 lakh only, because the ceiling limit on Gratuity at that time was 3.5 lakh.
Hence it will be advisable not to transfer the Gratuity, but to avail seperately.

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™