Thread Started by #natasha laha

Dear Friend,
My company did not paid salaries to its employees for full one year because of some financial troubles. I cooperated and worked without salary for around 14 months. They also did not deposit PF.
Now, the company is doing our settlement and paying salary for only six months. They also want us to sign certain documents in which we will not be able to raise any claim afterwords and would bind us from not entering any litigation with company.
My question is : CAN I stake claim for extra dues after they give my settlement.
Company wants me to keep in loop and involved with certain company litigation matters with the Govt by making me sign certain documents, should I sign these documents. I will get my dues only after I sign certain documents like this.
I dont know what should I do ?
17th February 2012 From India, Delhi
It is better to get the settlement if possible but don't sign any company litigation related documents because there shall be lot of legal issues for such type of companies. If it is required then obtain the opinion of a leading company lawyer from out side and sign failing which you have to face consequences.
If they are not ready to pay your dues better approach local labour department people but don't accept any legal responsibilities.
Regards - kamesh
18th February 2012 From India, Hyderabad
Dear i understand you should not indulge in litigations but in my view you should sign a papers of payment only whatever you are can claim 14 months wages under payment of wages act.
18th February 2012 From India, Delhi
Dear Natasha, I have some doubts.... 1) I do not understand how any one can work without any payment for 14 months? 2) why you were silent form last 14 months?
18th February 2012 From India, Dehra Dun
Dear Sir,
You can sign any paper and take salary for 6 months.
Then you can claim the remaining 6 months salary saying that the management have taken your
signature by threatening as such ,you signed to receive the 6 months salary by saying to the
Labour Dept.Authorities.
HR/IR Consultant
18th February 2012 From India, Hyderabad
Dear Natasha, May i know which co. is this (name) ? where it is located ? so that we can caution others, & can avoid them applying a job there. with regards Patrick
19th February 2012 From Qatar
I fully endorse the above views. Take whatever is offered and then fight for the remainder otherwise we do not know when the litigation would end.
20th February 2012 From India, Pune
Don't sign any documents just go to the labour inceptor ant tell him all the matter and also request him for anonymity.
Definitely you will get a way out but don't you realise that how could it possible to do the job without pay.
20th February 2012 From India, Jamnagar
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information and resources for business and professional growth. Register Here
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Co™