Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Statutory Compliance
Manpower Agency
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Friends,
I have recently joined as HR in a manufacturing company in Pune. My company as principle employer has five contractors with more than 20 workers working fulltime. My company have not yet got 'Registration Certificate' till now and hence none of the contractors have licence also.
I want to get my company registered under the act and get 'Registration Certificate'. I also want to help the contractors in getting licence under contract labor act 1970.
Will you please guide me about the steps for each in detail along with the documentation required to be maintained by contractors, principle employer and documents to be submitted to Labour officer along with necessary attachment details.

From India, Ahmadabad
For obtaining registration under the CLRA Act, you have to apply to the Labour Officer of the respective District in the prescribed form (Form 1) along with the prescribed fee which depends on the number of contract labour (total number under all contractors put together). Please see that the nature of work to be specified should not be directly related to the routine work in your establishment as no registration will be granted if you intend to engage contract workers in works directly related to the core activity of the company where you can engage full time regular workmen.

Once you get registration, you can advise the contractors to take licences by applying in form III(or IV, I don't remember!) For that you have to give each contractor a certificate in form V that you have engaged that contractor to do the work as specified. With that contractor will be able to obtain licence which is issued for a year and which should be renewed yearly following the same procedure. At the same time, registration that you,the Principal employer, takes is one time registration.



From India, Kannur
Thanks Madhu,
The information you provided is really useful.
But can you all please elaborate about attachments to be given with each form 1 like MOA, factory license and what else.
Similarly what are the attachments for Form 4 for contact licence for contractor like form 5 and what else.
Do it need to get the documents attested or not before submitting. And the application is to be made in triplate or duplicate.
Can you please elaborate more..

From India, Ahmadabad
Hi Sapna,

The process of obtaining Registraion is explained by Mr.Madhu correctly.Please buy a book( Contract Labour Act) from Ajit Law Book,Pune.You have all forms in that book.Once again i am giving you proper process.

1.Apply R.C in Form-1 by mentioning all contractors name,nature of job,number of employees and contract period.You need to attach list of Directors(In Letter Head),Memorandam of Artices along with Form-1.

2.Once you got Registration copy then give notice of commencement in Form-6B to the labour department.

3.Simaltaniously issue Form-5 to the contractors(in your letter head) and take the accknowledgment from them.

4.Please ask the contractors to apply for Contract Labour license incase if they crossed 20 employees.(It's purely contractor responsibility).

5.Please ask them to get the license immediately and ask them to give notice of commencement in Form-6A.Please take an acknowledgment of the same.

6.Please ask the vendors to submit half yearly returns in Form-24(Jan'12- June'12 and July'12 - Dec'12).

7.You need to submit annual returns in Form-21 by 15th Feb'12.

Apart from this you have responsibility to do regular statutory audit of these contractors to check the compliance levels of these contractors.Please feel free to call me incase if you require for any further help in this regard.

I hope i gave clear idea on the process.


Ramanjaneya Reddy.G.K,


From India, Bangalore
sir, my company is security guards provided in delhi ncr. i was apply the security tender. and receive one registration copy of the contract labour (Rgulation & Abolition). what is the registration of contract labour (Regulation & Abolition) act. and where from registered for the same. pls help me
From India, New Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™