regarding formalities of registering a pvt ltd company refer to my earlier post at <link no longer exists - removed> .
Yours being an IT company it will come under the shops and commercial establishments act
As regards PF for the previous year Iam not sure coz, when an organisation crosses 20 employees you need to open a PF account. Once you approach the PF authorities they will be able to guide. You may have to pay only the employers contribution for the past year.
Leave application format is something that can be done according to your organisation's needs. There is no standard format for the same
Hope this helps
From India, Bangalore
The following are statutory obligations
1. Registration under Shop & Commercial Establishment Act.
2. EPF & MP act,1952 comes into force once your employment strength is of more than 20 persons. For the allotment of employer's code , you need to contact office of Regional Provident Fund Commissioner and supply the following.
a. Coverage Proforma with under mentioned details
1. Name & Address of Establishment.
2. Name & address of the owner or occupier or employer
3. Nature of bussiness being carried out by establishment.
4. Date of start of business.
5. Date on which employment strength was more than 20.
6. List of employee's as on date along with salary.
7. List of branches of the establishment
8. List of director / partners with their residential addresses.
9. PAN number of the establishment.
This performa is required to be signed by employer with official seal and to be submitted with office of RPFC along with DD of EPF amount due from the date when employment strength moved beyond 20 Nos.
Employee whose salary is less than Rs.6500.00 per month is elegible under the EPF scheme for contribution . Employees whose salary is of more than Rs.6500.00 it is at the discretion of the management to deduct and deposit EPF contribution in respect of them. So you need not to pay EPF contribution in respect of employees whose salary is of Rs.6500.00.
Further if you have bifurcated the salary then Basic Pay and Dearness Allowance if any is there , then this amount is to be treated as salary for the purposes of EPF scheme.
Contribution rates are 12% employee share and 12 % employer share along with 1.61% as adminsitrative charges of Inusrance and admin.charges on insurance. The are to be paid by employer only.
3. ESI act is applicable. Pls.check whether the ESI scheme is applicable in your area or not because this is area based statutory compliance. Again for eligibily salary should be of less then Rs.7500.00. Beyond Rs.7500.00 the employee is exempted from the preview of the scheme.
Applicability also starts from the day when employment strength moves beyond 20 employees. Information on Form No.01 is required to be submitted with the office of Regional Director ESI for obtaining employer's code.
Scheme is meant for providing medical and insurance benefits to employee covered under the scheme. Contribution rates are 1.75% of salary in respect of eligible employees to be deducted form employee salary and 4.75% on the same salary is to be contributed by employer.
4. Professional Tax registration with concerned authorities ,if, the same is applicable in your state.
I beleive these are statutory compliances which require immediate attention. Bonus and gratuity acts are also applicable but for that an infacny period is there for implementation.
From India, New Delhi
From India, Bangalore
I would like to introduce Star labour lawConsultancy Services, Labour law consultancy firm engaged in the business of providing a wide range of services such as Registration, Maintenance of Statutory Records and Consultation to various corporate clients. The firm is started by a professional who has spent 10 years in the HR department of various industries such as Chemicals, FMCG, Banking, and Automobiles and has professional degree and experience to support in the employee welfare function.
Every small to large organization in India is liable to comply with various mandatory Central as well as state level Statutory enactments with respect to labour laws. We, at Star Labour law Consultancy Services, provide you a professional, distictive and wholehearted support in managing your labour law related work in a better and organized manner.
We provide full end to end services in the following areas:
We would request you to spare some time & give us an opportunity to explain our capabilities and areas of work in a better way. You are welcome to contact the undersigned at 9819991695.
From India, Mumbai
For further details, we request and appreciate you to get in touch at or 9870006433/91-222-27666136/09833366642. We are running a law firm by the name "LJ & Associates" and is headed by me. I myself have legal experience in courts and corporates of more than 8 years and during these years have done with my B Com, LLB, LLM, MBL, MBA, CS Inter.
Please find in attach my profile for your any further issues and will be great to help you out.
Thanks & Regards
Lalit K Jain
From India, Mumbai
To ask a question or write a reply on this discussion you will need to create an account and login.