Sr. Manager Hr/admin
Human Resources
+2 Others

Dear Seniors,

Please help me...

How can I get my relieving letter & PF

I was appointed by a co. as executive admin & HR. After joining I was told to assist MD of the co. for his personal works. Its was an small owned company.

MD of the co was an old person but it was bad experience to work for him.

I could not leave the Job b'coz of my needs. After 10 months I got another opportunity .I put my resignation but did not tell reason for leaving current job.

I showed some family problem because I had seen in past 10 months that none of ex employee had got salary after leaving job. Since I had to get my 30 days salary I told my family problem(which was true)and requested for salary.

I got my salary but resignation was not accepted by the the MD and he told me to join back whenever my family problems are settled down.

I joined new co. without completing relieving formalities.

After 1 months they called me again and I told them that I could not join co. because of my problems and requested them to relieve me , process was not done and again 1 months passed out.

Now the issue is this that some how they came to know about my new job and showing his irritation and want me to submit co. ID card.

I too want to submit ID card but I want them to complete my relieving formalities and to provide me relieving letter & pf for 9 months.

Please guide how can I make it possible as they are not picking my calls and only my ex colleagues are calling me again & again to submit the ID card.

Please Guide me because I am very simple kind of person and I want my relieving letter without making and issue and my PF money too because it values for me I can't leave my money.

I dont want any legal actions from co. side as my resignation was not accepted and I joined new company.

I am very scared please help me,

From India, Mumbai
Dear Laxmi,
You can apply for your PF.
But i dont think you will get your relieving letter unless you settle your dues(Notice period or loans) with the previous company. Since you are an absconding employee the company will deny your relieving letter.
you can submit your previous ID card either through Courier or in person. Better you can meet them in person and solve the issue. Request for relieving letter else no problem, but try to convince the future employer that you don't have your 1st company relieving letter.

From India, Mumbai
As you already joined and working in new company means they are not particular about your service certificate etc., as suggested by our friend better to go to your old organization, submit your resignation lr (obtain acknowledgement), hand over the ID card etc and try to convince them and obtain the service certificate.
Regards - kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
Dear Seniors ,
Thanks for your reply
Please guide me how can I claim for the PF , as I dont have relieving letter , and I dont have copy of accepted resignation. Also co. directors are not taking my calls.
I have only my salary slips with me.

From India, Mumbai
The company cannot hold your PF amount.

It is the duty of the employer under the Act & Scheme to help Employees' Provident Fund organisation to settle the Provident Fund dues of his employees. He has to complete the prescribed application within 5 days of receipt [para72(5)] forms & hand over it to the member when he leaves the service. When a member finds difficult to get the form attested by the employer, he can get the attestation of any of the following officer & send to the Provident Fund office

Manager of a bank.

By any gazetted officer.

Member of the Central Board of Trustees./ committee/ Regional Committee (Employees'

Provident Fund Organization).

Magistrate/ Post/ Sub Post Master/ President of Village Panchayat/ Notary Public.

but only when the previous employer is not signing the form you can go ahead with above attestation. But this will be taken seriously and an enquiry will be done by the Enforment officer with the previous employer.

If the above is done surely the previous employer can go for legal proceeding since you have to pay the notice period dues to the company.

So speak with them to resolve the issue and sort it out smoothly.

From India, Mumbai
Hi Laxmi. Regarding PF why can’t you transfer instead of withdrawing. Transferring is easy.
From India, Bangalore
Dear Laxmi,
You don't need to be scared at all. You simply need to be firm. Like Shenbagarajan said, the best way to sort this out is Meet them in person.
There may be a chance that you may loose out on your PF amount, since you did not serve a notice period.
However, since they have not given the pf amount, they are liable to give you the relieving letter.
You need to be very firm and tell them to give you the relieving letter at the earliest. More than the money, it is the experience letter that counts!

From India, Mumbai
Thanks seniors , but my pf in co. had started from very first month I joined but I dont have any PF number with me. Also after working 10 months I didn't receive any confrmsn letter, but it was mentioned in my appointment letter that i will have to serve 1 months notice after confirmation and before confirmation 15 days. Thats the reason I put my resignation on 16th as I had to leave by 30th, but what I could have do if they did not accept my resignation letter.
Should I send the same resignation letter which I thay didn't accept it is still with me.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™