Administration & Liaisoning Head
Legal Analyst, Hrm
+4 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi All,
I have been working in a Big MNC for the past 1 year and 5 months.Suddenly one day My manager called me and asked not to go to office since the BG (background verification ) is red.When I called the HR they said the company I worked for almost 7 years back is Black listed now.I asked ,if the company is blacklisted now what I can do for it.They said they will issue a termination letter.After that company(7 years back) I have worked for 2 big MNC .Even I have submitted my resignation till now I don't know the status of it.Since they blocked my access but no termination letter till now.hope can some one help me..Is there any way I can get the relieving and experience letters .Its a biggest fraud company which everyone knows in the industry.

From United States, Littleton
It is wrong that what company is doing in your case. You have joined the company almost one and half year back and now how they can say your back ground verification is RED. Since last 1 and half year they know what you are and what is your role and responsibility if the company where you worked previously is Black listed. You have already submitted your resignation also hence they have to issue you the clean service certificate.

Pl. don't accept the termination letter, instead of confronting talk to HR & senior management team not to spoil your career by issuing the termination letter. They might have not expected your resignation & if I am not wrong you might be a critical member of the organization hence they are unable to digest you leaving the company hence they may be victimizing you.

Try to resolve the issue in a soft way failing which you have to proceed legally. If you have submitted any wrong information / documents etc then only you will on Red but if your previous company is black listed and that too after 1 and half year they can not do it.

Regards - kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
My Dear Friend,
That your present Company, for whatever reasons, has now woken up to discover the one of the organizations that you worked for 7 years ago has been blacklisted now, and therefore has decided to dispense with your services, is ridiculous. It is most illogial and unfair.
You have stated the you did submit your resignation. Stay with it.
You could also send a copy of your resignation letter (which you have already mailed to them) to your Company's HR by Registered Post to validate your stand.
Yes, also as suggested by someone, please do NOT accept any Termination order if it is sent to you.
Keep the fact of your having resigned alive, and ask for settlement of dues in Full & Final, at the earliest.
For any further advice in the matter, please feel free to contact me on my mobile: 09717726667 or by email :
Best Wishes,
Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
Of course, quite wrong on the part of the present employer. If past company is blacklisted, the employees cannot be expected to bear the brunt on account of any fault on the part of the company. Board of Directors of the company can be hel responsible. If your present company was so conscious about the blacklisting of your past employer, they were well at liberty not to consider your candidate at the time of your recruitment, not after about one & half year of your appointement. Performance of the employee should be the factor for consideration rather than his past employer.
Now, instead of waiting for the termination letter, just send a registered letter asking for the progress of your resignation notice, referring the resignation letter and attaching a copy of original resignation letter, instead of sending any fresh resignation. Don't rely or comply on their verbal instructions. BE CAUTIOUS IN DEALING WITH ANY COMMUNICATION FROM & TO THE MANAGEMENT.

From India, Delhi
Hi All,
I have seen such an incidence with my HR colleague but at the same time found her really helpless fighting against the management. on the day when you go to resign they say its a termination based reason being your performance. I sincerely believe that the employees are the right people to judge the performance of the HR. and there were no employee complaints queries nothing. All this was done going on to very personal level of the employee. And she was issued a termination letter.
I want to know that cant we take any actions against such companies or such HR personnel.

From India, Pune
I would also like to add that there were employees who when came to know about this incidence were willing to stand for the HR and tlk to management about cancelling the termination letter. But to avoid any issues to the other co workers she refraind from doing this.

From India, Pune
Hi All,
need your advice again.As suggested by your valuable comments I have already sent the Resigntaion copy last week through Registered post.The very next day I got this email.Please advice me again.Till now there is no official letter from them.
The email they sent is below...
Dear XXXX,
As discussed on last Friday, even after reducing our BG Scope, your previous employer( xxxxx) is still covered under our New BG Scope and your BG remain as RED.
Hence, it would not be possible to issue normal relieving letter.

From United States, Littleton
Dear Friend,
I do not understand what your employers mean by a "normal" relieving letter.
Please impress upon your employers that just because one of your previous employers has been marked "RED" it does not flow that you as an individual employee also has to be treated likewise.
Also, impress upon them that in view of all that is happening with you, you had taken a decision to leave the Company and had therefore submitted your resignation some time ago. Since you had not heard anything from your employers in this regard, you had sent copy of your resignation sent by email, by Registered Post.
Under the overall circumstances, request your Company's HR to accept your resignation and send you their acceptance of the same ASAP. In doing so their purpose of delinking you is served as much as yours in a graceful manner.
Ask them to settle your dues in full and final settlement and relieve you also, ASAP.
Best Wishes,
Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
It is indeed a sad thing.. .I agree with you all and a very good suggestions by Mr. Nair and Mr. Dhingra.
Diness as you already have done what the other people have suggested you above, now i wud say that you must contact your local area Employment Commissioner/officer or Labour Officers and tell them the whole story. You can also make a written complain against your employer they will certainly help you.

From India, Gurgaon
Till now there is no response from the HR.Moreover I didn’t get any response for the Registered copy which I have sent before..What should I do next?I’m really worried...
From United States, Littleton

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™