I have been working with a manufacturing concern for the past 3 years, so thought of sharing some info. may be of use for you.
usually in these concerns the HR duties are very complex when compared to the other industries.As it deals with lots of manpower running the machinery etc. we need to take care of every petty incident or work.
for payroll we need to have track record of their OT timings, their date of joining, their work areas etc. as they need to be paid on the basis of the amount of risk of their job also according to the factories act.If you need any other specific info. plz let me know,this was just an overview.
The below is your statutory forms as per factory act and check list
Check List for Auditing Statutory Records & returns
The Factories Act, 1948
Registers, Return & Abstracts.* Register of Compensatory Holidays - Form -8* Register of Adult Workers - Form-11* Register of Leave with Wage Register - Form-14* Muster Roll - Form-22* Register of Accident & Dangerous Occurrences - Form-23* Inspection Book* Half yearly Returns - Form - 21 (Before 15th of July (& 15th of January )of every year in duplicate)* Accident & Dangerous Occurrences - Form - 23 (EveryMonth)Combined Annual Returns - Form - 20, ( Before Januaryevery year)* Notice of Adult workers - Form 10* Abstract of Factories Act, 1948
2.Payment of Wages Act, 1936
Registers, Returns & Abstracts* Register of Fines* Register of Advance* Register of Deductions* Register of Wages* Annual Return - Form IV ( in duplicate, before Feb,15 of every yearto inspector of factories, cc: Labour Insp.)* Payment of Wages Abstract - Form - V* Notice of rates of wages - Form - VI* Notice of Date of Payment
3.Minimum Wages Act, 1936
Registers, Returns & Abstracts:* Wage Register* Over Time Register* Annual Return - Form-III* Abstract of Minimum Wages - Form-V* Minimum rate of Wages fixed Form-XI, XII & XIII* Name Address of Inspector
4.Payment of Gratuity Act
* Notice of opening - Form A ( To: Labour Department)* Declaration - Form F* Payment of Gratuity Act, Abstract
5.Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
* Register of Bonus - Form - C* Annual Returns - Form-D ( Before December every year)* Payment of Bonus Abstract
6. Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
* Equal Remuneration - Form D
7.Industrial Employment ( Standing Order), 1946.
* Standing Order to be displayed on Notice Board
8.Shops & Commercial Establishment Act
* Consolidated register containing 8 Forms* Inspection Book* Annual Return - Form G ( 1st September, every year)
9.National & Festival Holidays Act
* Form V ( Annual Return, Before 31st January)
10.Karnataka Labour Welfare Fund
* Form D ( in duplicate, 15th January every year:Contribution both empe & empr, Rs. 3/- & Rs. 6/- respectively)
11.The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act,1970
* Registration Certificate (Before appointing contractor) -Form-1* Register of Contractor - Form-XII* Register of Employees employed by Contractor - Form-XIII* Muster Roll, Wage Register, Over Time Register, FineRegisterDeduction Register, Advance Register ( contractor)* Notice regarding rates of wages* Display of the Act & Rules both in English & Kannada* Half yearly return by contracter - Form - XXIV* Annual Return by Principle Empr - Form XXV (before15th Feb)
12.Professional Tax Act, 1976
* Monthly return - Form 5* Annual Return
13.Employee State Insurance Corporation Act, 1948
* Muster Roll* Wage Register* Inspection Book* Accident Register* Cash Books, Vouchers & Ledgers* Paid Challans, RDF and Declarations* Register of Employees - Form - 7* Half Yearly Return - Form 6 ( Apr - Sep & Oct Mar)42 days after closing Contn. Period
14.Employees Provident Fund Act, 1952.
* Muster Roll* Wage Register* Form- 3A, 5, 10 & 12A* Inspection Book* Cash Book, Voucher & Ledger* PF work sheet* monthly return - Form 5, 10, 12A along with paidchallans (before 25th of every month)* Annual Return - Form 3A & 6A (before 30th April everyyear)
15.Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
* Abstract - Form G
16.Employment Exchange ( CNV) Act
.* Notification of Vacancies - Form 6* Quarterly Return - Form : ER-I ( Mar, June, Sep, Dec)Before 1 month* Bi- Annual Return - Form : ER-II ( Once in 2 years)
What are the non taxable components in the salary.
I am working as Sr. HR in an IT house.
Require your help badly..
I Yash Sharma working in a reputed manufacturing company as a Asst. Personnel, I want to know the all stauatry compliance which use in the factory line, pls share the information about this matter and pls mail which book is best for hr compliance.
Pls give your valuable information.