I was active in this cite in exchanging my thoughts,opinions and experience wherever it is relevant. Very often I find that this forum is used as a platform to get the ready made mix (answer) especially on Human Relations. It seems the youngsters in HR field have little patience to do the primary reading or researching before pressing the button.
Let this be a platform for knowledge dissemination and not for questions and answers session in any field.
With best of luck.
25th October 2011 From India, Pune
Nice to see your posting after a long time...
This time your query seems so strange... Need reply in 500 words...Overall 500 words or against one question answer in 500 words... Can you please let me know the purpose behind which you raise these questions???
Try to be a continuous participant... At least provide your feedback against the discussions going on... This will help in getting more reply's to your threads... I am watching this thread from the last one week... No other member replied to you... May be the above mentioned non-participation from your side will be one reason... Just let you know what I thought...
Come up with your views and lets hope that other members also will come up with their helping hands...
Thanks for your thoughts... Keep on participate...
28th October 2011 From India
You requested for answers to few questions.
There are many in this forum capable of helping you with the best possible answers. How ever you have to be quite specific to get their right approach.
Are these questions given at the end of a video, or a lesson ?
For example the context in which the first question is asked - what is it?
Again in other questions you asked about safety initiative – is it safety initiative or safety incentive?
These are my doubts.
Once cleared of these; may be even others will answer to your satisfaction.
30th October 2011 From India, Kollam
thanks for your valuable comments and feedback
the above said, information received from organizer and it was content lot of questions safety, project, contractor, etc.,,
here posted only HSE related question and I gonethrough the information fully related to health and safety Initiative of the year for MEP sector.
we are working in different organisations and different fields like Plant, factory, Construction and Industries etc.,,
"How best we can make a submission for this reward" in particular field?
hope we understand the purpose of posting..
30th October 2011 From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
With best of luck
30th October 2011 From India, Pune
I hope you may be asking these questions to submit to somewhere (client or consultants) to qualify to get some new projects...May be a part of Pre-Qualification under Contractor Safety Management... If so following tips will help you... The answer I am writing according to my company only.. You may change according to your company policies and practices...
1.what has the contractor done to deliver exceptional HSE performance?
We are having structured Contractor Safety Management System in place... We are continually monitoring our strengths and conducting regular audits to find out Opportunity for Improvements in the system...
2. What is the health and safety initiative
1. Pre-employment medical check ups to all employees
2. Periodical medical check-ups including spirometry and audiometry
3. Trade test of all employees
4. Safety Induction to all employees
5. Bio-metric punching system for attendance
6. System for ensuring 100% availability of required PPE to workers and record keeping
7. Online Software for tracking Incidents and Safety Observation
8. Safety Observation Process in view of bringing behavioral changes
9. Proper housing colonies for employees
10. Rest shelters for workers with drinking water facility.
3. How has the initiative contributed to the welfare of the workforce?
1. A safe, healthy working environment increases the morale of the employee
2. Welfare facilities like housing colony, rest shelters, canteen facility keeps the employee happy and within the company.
4. How is the impact of the initiative measured?
1. Through visible change in the plant
2. Commitment of the top management towards employees
3. Demonstrated commitment from each level of employee
4. Through regular quiz’s and interactive sessions
5. What have been the practical benefits of the initiative?
1. Brings drastic behavioral changes among employees towards safety
2. Positive work culture in-built in the system
Hope this helps... If not come up specifically with your needs... Surely any of the forum member will try to help you...
7th November 2011 From India
My sincere appreciation to you to have explained the SHE concept to the concerned gentleman in this forum. The safety drill is one of the critical factors of successful human relationship management especially in the large plant manufacturing the products using the process. Safety of the employees is one of the main concerns for women employees irrespective of the industries types.
It is a two way traffic in which both employers and employees participate in equal degree and produce the win win situation. I have visited several factories in my capacity as HR and security consultant. I have observed the display board displaying the days of safety incidents or accidents take place on a daily basis.
I have interacted with many subject specialists where security and safety have to go hand in hand.
Once again my compliments to you for sharing.the knowledge.
8th November 2011 From India, Pune
Was the information I shared was relevant for you... I am very much interested to know whether this this help you out anyhow or not???
Dear Sir: It's my pleasure to participate into this forum for knowledge sharing/learning... Keep on participate and share your expertise with us...
9th November 2011 From India