Hello people,
I was working with a company. I had to quit it in august and had to rush back to my home(cos of some family problems). Hence I could not serve 30 days notice period. Now, I've been offered a job in reputed mnc. I'm gonna join them soon, but the thing is they've asked for the relieving letter of previous co. When I told them about my exit, they said that they atleast need an resignation acknowledgemnt mail from my previous co. When I contacted my HR for the same, he straightaway denied. He's not even picking my phone. Now I'm in big trouble. If I don;t get any acknowledgment from them I'll lose this offer and my career would be spoilt. I'm restless and tensed. I'd like to get feedback and suggestions from all of you people about what should I do?
Please guys help me.

From India, Bangalore

Do one thing. Send the Hard copy of the resignation through Regd post ack due also send the same by courier and get acknowlegement.
Send a Fax resignation letter and take the Fax acknowledgement copy.
Otherwise tell the HR manager that you will go legally if the resignation letter will not be at least get acknowledge.

From India, Madras
Thanks gimsur for your reply.
The thing HR keep on repeating is that he could not issue any acknowledgment since I din't serve the notice.
Is there any thing that I can do to get atleast an mail acknowledgement from them?

From India, Bangalore
Cite Contribution

Community Manager

Here's what I would suggest in your condition:
  • If you have any communication document when you left, even if it was an email , bring it in place.
  • Write a formal email to your HR , stating the genuine reasons which made you leave the job at such a short notice and refer the communication you had at that time. Mention the names of every personnel you had contacted while leaving and details of those communication towards the handover of duties.
  • Acknowledge you did not complete the procedure and with due apologies offer to buy out your notice period.
  • Offer every support that might be required towards your clearance.
  • Seek a reply within 2-3 working days with any directions for the process.
  • Send a copy of these documents to your future employer and request for time.
  • Write to the reporting managers for support and mention the separation from the company with respective dates.

If you remain at it, you will get it no sooner. Please keep the entire communication courteous and official. Avoid every personal outburst no matter how much it tests your patience. Wish you all the best.


(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai


I have no idea what kind of id is this..."METABUG". Perhaps you should be having a name given by your PARENTS.

1)Anyways, did you try to convince your HR(either ORALLY or by EMAIL) before taking your FINAL CALL?

2) Did you even try to convince(follow up) him after reaching your HOME, narrating your personal problems which made you to take your FINAL CALL?

3) Did your HR tried to secure relevant information from you before you left your organisation?

4) Have you got the basic idea about EXIT PROCESS?

5) Did you receive your FULL & FINAL SETTLEMENT?

On the other hand, i have no idea what exactly went wrong with your personal life for which, you failed to server NOTICE PERIOD. There are certain ethics associated with PROFESSIONAL LIFE & ORGANISATION'S too and you need to follow it. Moreover, I cannot blame HR for his reaction because he is angry with your unprofessional approach.

Try your best to meet your EX-HR and get your things done because you are a defaulter.

With profound regards

From India, Chennai
Thanks (Cite Contribution),
I'll definately ask my HR for the notice buyout.
But assuming that I don't receive any reponse from him, can I discuss this problem with my future employer?( I don't wanna lose this offer) Can they make it an exception for me? In general is it advisable to
discuss this issue with my future employer?

From India, Bangalore
Hi Metabug,

According to me what I understood is because you left the organisation without informing, they are putting you in trouble and I dont think your previous HR is facing any problem.

As per HR policies or Organisation culture, there are some certain procedures to exit but there is no where written that they cant provide any kind of letter to there previous employees.

There are few options which you can try-

1) Try with your new company to provide them your pay slips of last organisation and any kind of letter in your last organisation's letter head, which can be proved that you were working there.

2) Speak to last organisation that they can mention in the letter that you have not completed your notice period and because of that they are not paying you the last month salary and reliveing letter.

I would like to answer what you asked to (Cite Contribution)----------- you can always try to speak to your new employer about the situation you have gone through because firstly might be your employer is aware of the same kind of situation and secondly before discussing also you dnt have the job in your hand better discuss you will loose nothing............

Hope it works well for you...



From India, Bangalore

Assistant Manager Human Resources
Hi Metabug,
Members have guided you well. I would like to add
1.have a discussion with your previous employer regarding your resignation and get it acknowledged by your reporting head or HR head.
2. if not send him a formal mail about your resignation to your reporting head or HR head mentioning the reason. You may also send it by speed post with AD.
3. submit an undertaking to your new employer that you will submit clearance and service certificate in 30 days. Employer is bound to relieve employee if employee wants to leave employment. Relieving will be as per the employment terms mention in employment contract.
Never loose your patience and think how much loss employer had suffered; so itís genuine they will react. If they relieve you easily other employees will follow the same. Request them but with dignity and I believe they are also human.

From India, Bhubaneswar
This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Coô