5s in our manufacturing plant used to be imparted by technical especially production personnel mainly due to the reason
1. we were manufacturing chemicals (highly aggressive)
2. Housekeeping used to very very important
3. the reasons for house keeping getting disturbed are majorly handling of chemicals, movement of machines & its auxiliaries, etc
4. HR used to track the training calendars and through the tech persons, the performance of the individuals and the outcome of the training
5. As Mr.Ankit wrote, it is a prelude to TPM
Thanks & regards
3rd October 2011 From India, Hyderabad
Dear all i am implementing TPM in my company since last 9 month .we were start this journey from CLIT (Cleaning ,Lubrication,Inspection,Tightning ) concept ,take pics of before/after improvement and parllely filling checkpoints of concern machine by machine incharge .All these activities are implementing with help of management.Recently we have awarded to best machine incharges for there best initiative .
Here I Want to know what future steps i should take to give fruitful results to higher management and to push TPM activity with more force in my organization.Please guide and give ideas.
4th October 2011 From India, Faridabad