Recruitment/talent Acquisition, Career Counselling
Hr & Teaching
Pon has raised a valid point--pl respond.
Further, assuming the foreign national will be stationed in India, pl note that the Work Visa has to be applied BY THE COMPANY--NOT by the individual. The individual will have to go to the local Indian Embassy/Consulate to get the Visa Stamped AFTER the Company sends her the Work Visa Approval Papers.
Now for your actual query--about what documents are needed for your company to apply for the Work Visa Approval, pl see this Link: http://mha.nic.in <link updated to site home>
You will get the basics here. I am sure you can mover from here on your own by contacting the Ministry Dept concerned.
All the Best.
24th September 2011 From India, Hyderabad
24th September 2011 From India, Dehra Dun
TS has mentioned it very correct. Apart from this information, I would like to give basic idea of the processing for other countries...
1. Company should send an offer letter or letter of intent stating all employment terms, salary, allowances, bonuses, etc. At the same time you should also mention the working conditions, company accommodation, transportation, or any other company-specific information that the new employee should know.
2. You should have the acceptance (with a signature and scanned copy) from the candidate.
3. For many countries, employee should go for medical checkup in their home country (subject to your expenses or self expenses) and send the medical reports, passport copies, and educational certificates (original) to the new employer.
4. Employer will submit the visa application along the medical certificates and education certificates (if required) for employment visa process. This process may take couple of weeks subject to local holidays.
5. Upon receiving the visa, you can send A COPY to the candidate and check for the date of travel.
6. On the confirmation, you will send a ticket to the employee and the rest of the process is self-explanatory.
Hope this information will give you an idea. I am not sure whether this entire process is applicable for Indian Employment Visa.
27th September 2011 From United Arab Emirates, Dubai