Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Hr Manager
Sr.executive Hr
Hr Executive
+1 Other

Dear Seniors, Can anyone send me a format for recovery of company dues from left employees. With Warm Regards, JimmyPathak1983
3rd September 2011 From India, Valasan
Dear Friend,
I suggest that the same need to forwarded in consultation with your leagal department / legal consultant or else you have to hire a lawyer and arrange to send it through them as lot of legal issues are involved.
Regards - kamesh
3rd September 2011 From India, Hyderabad
Dear Jimmy,
The question that comes to mind is that while leaving the company did this employee take proper clearance? If yes then why this recovery process was not initiated that time itself or is it that he abandoned his/her employment? If latter is the case then only you can send a letter to his home address. If it is former then you should take disciplinary action against the employee who allowed this person to go.
While I am not saying that you should not send the letter to this person. That person should have returned the company items whether anyone asks or not. However, draft of the letter would depend on two factors i.e. (a) the employee abandoned the employment (b) separation of the employee was as per normal procedure however, recovery of the company items was escaped from the attention while clearing him.
Dinesh V Divekar

3rd September 2011 From India, Bangalore
You could have taken a No Dues Clearance Certificate, filled in and signed by all department heads, before relieving an employee. As is mentioned in postings, you may draft letter (lawyer notice) in consultation with a lawyer, as it is not easy to recover company's property from left employees.
R K Nair
4th September 2011 From India, Aizawl
Dear Jimmy,
You have to check first in which grade or category the left employee falls under.If he is a staff over the covergage of standing orders you initialy send him a letter on your head stating your intention of recovery.If he does'nt respond then ask a lawyer to send him a legal notice.I am sure he will respond.
Mangesh Wakodkar

5th September 2011 From India, Pune
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™