Partner - Risk Management
Assistant Manager Human Resources
Sr Manager Hr And Administration
Consultant In Legal, Hr, Ir, M&a, New
Global Mobility And Billiing Consultant
+3 Others

Dear Seniors,
Can someone help me with an answer and explanation to my question?
Can we employ a American/Non-Indian to our office in India?
Is this possible?
Please require your support.
29th August 2011 From India, Pune
Hi Shweta,
Since we have our own Human Resources in abundant, India does not provide Employment Visas, But still you can employ foreigners those are coming here in visit visas which suppose to be extended every six months with valid reasons.
29th August 2011 From India, Bangalore
Hello Krish, Thank you so much. But if any employee(foreigner) comes on a visa then on the visa will he be able to work and renew his visa every 6 months? Shweta
29th August 2011 From India, Pune
you are allowed toemploy foreighers for skillsets not available locally
employing foreigners on tourist or 6 month business visa is unwise. in case of investigation you will be in serious problem
you need to get a workpermitfromthe office of police commissioner - foreigners department.
currently after hadley incident, renewal of visa after6months may well be denied. it has happened to some ofmy clients.
29th August 2011 From India, Mumbai
With proper documentation and justification, you can certainly employ a American/Non-Indian in your India office. Is your office a subsidiary of a US company or do you have an office in USA? I was Head - Legal & Company Secretary for a US Co. and I dont think it is that difficult. However, in the recent past Govt has tightened the earlier relaxed provisions. Please ensure that once the foreigner comes to India, register him with the nearst Police Station under FRPO guidelines. In case of any difficulty pl contact , . Regards

30th August 2011 From India, Mumbai
Dear Ms.Shweta,
Foreign nationals can work in India; subject to only skilled worker, annual salary not less than 25,000 USD (Need to clarify may have changed) hold valid employment visa along with employment contract from India and other requirement as by the Govt. of India.
I don't remember the proportion of workforce Indian national and Foreign nationals working in India.
They have to abide by the law like registration in FRO or FRRO office, paying tax and others as mentioned during the time of issuing visa.
Hope this is clear to you.
30th August 2011 From India, Bhubaneswar
HI Shweta,
The best person who can answer this is from FRRO you can call 01126192183 to Mr. Sanjay Singh, you can give my reference... (ajay parmar) and he will be able to give you the right info.
I know that any non indian will require a work permit/ work visa to work in india otherwise it will be illeagal
30th August 2011 From India, Delhi
Hello Shweta:
Your organization will need to file an Indian work permit for the individual, based on your organization's profile and the specific job responsibilities (proposed). This will be initiated at a consulate abroad based on the individual's country of residence/citizenship. Upon completion of this process, the individual will need to enter the country and then complete registration requirements with the local FRRO.
Please feel free to let me know if you or your organization require any assistance with this processing. I have been assisting several organizations with U.S. and global immigration requirements for the past 11 years.
Thank you!
Ramya Suresh
Global Mobility Consultant

31st August 2011 From India, Bangalore
Dear Ms.Shweta,
You cant employ a foreign national ( even in case of an American) in India unless one holds employment visa.
A foreign national cant be employed in India unless he has got E visa i.e. employment visa.
The Employment visa are granted for a particular employer and change is not permitted . In case if foreign national want to change the employer then he has to go back to the his nation and apply for fresh visa. Union of India has power to make exception to above.
P M Patel
31st August 2011 From India, Mumbai
Dear Colleagues/Seniors
Kindly inform the proportion of workforce Indian national and Foreign nationals working in India.
AVGN Vara Prasad.
working for Charoen Pokphand India Pvt Limited, (CP Group) A Thailand Company
7th September 2011 From India, Kakinada
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co