Labour Laws & Ir
Statutory Compliance
+6 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Under Sec 7 of Contract Labour Act, there is provision for registration of principal employer. Do the contractor also has to apply for a Registration Certificate (RC) if he is employing more than 20 employees at one or different client places. I know about the License part of Contractor (under Sec 12) which is entirely different than the Registration Certificate matter.
Please throw some light.

From India, Aurangabad
Dear Sunnydays,
We do not find any provision under this Act on obtaining Registration Certificate by a contractor.


From India, Delhi
Dear Sunnydays,
The contractor does not need to apply for registration. Registration is applicable only to the 'Principal Employer' (PE). The PE needs to register with the labour department of the state stating the maximum number of employees each contractor can employ. After he receives the Registration Certificate, he issues a form V along-with a copy of the registration certificate to the contractor who then applies for the license if he is to employ more than 20 workmen in one place.
Good luck.
Colonel Gahlot

From India, Delhi
Hello All, What are the rules for applying labour laws in Software Companies ? Is it mandatory to apply in IT Industry ? I want more details about Labour Law’s . Regards, Khushi
From India, Ahmadabad
Hello All, What are the rules for applying labour law’s in software companies ? I want details of Labour Law act. Regards, Khushi
From India, Ahmadabad
How to apply RC by Principle Employer and which document are required..What is the pRocedure and which form is required ,
From India, Mumbai
Dear All, Could You please share with me what is the Procedure of takan PF COde, And ESIC Code ....... and which form is required . what is the fee structure ... Dheeraj Rawat
From India, Mumbai
Dear All,
I want to know that how many types of documents we have to give to contractor.
My contractor is demanding following documents.
Kindly please share format of the following documents.
1. Work Order with terms and conditions as per labour act.
2. Contract Registration Copy as per labour act and registration no.
3.Name of authorities person and address residence.
4. Form V
It is necessary to give all this details or we have to issue only Form V.
Thanking you.
HR Executive

From India, Vadodara
Dear Khushi,
In software company Shop and Establishment Act will be application.
If you hire staff on contract CLRA will be application and you have to compliance all the forms under contract labour.
Thanking you.

From India, Vadodara
Sunnydays, Contractor of every kind is obliged to have registered himself under shops and establishment act. Mangesh Wakodkar Aurangbad
From India, Pune

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™