Hi Friends,
One of our employees who has joined us recently is physically challenged.
His disability is about 60%, he cant walk properly and is suffering from ORTHOPADICALLY HANDICAPPED PERMANENT DUE TO SPINAL BIFIDA WITH BILATERAL CTEV OF BOTH FOOT.(he cannot stand and walk)
This is stated in his disability certificate.
I would like to know what r the sections under which he would fall and get tax rebate.
Waiting for your replies friends....
Thanks and regards
25th July 2007 From India, Mumbai

For Person with disabilities they don't have professional tax to be deducted from there salary, but the company must pay professional tax on the persons behalf, Person with disabilities whose disablement is between 50 to 80% for them conveyance will be 1000 instead of 800 and more than 80% disability then it will be 1600 per month. During income tax person with disability under special deduction 6A handicap section 80u 50 to 80% disabilities will be exempted upto 75000 and more than 80% it is 1lakh. This exemption is apart from section 6 of deduction which has another upto 1 lakh for investment and insurance. I hope this helps.
3rd December 2012 From India, Chennai
Share what you know with your industry peers. Discuss problems, ideas, solutions openly without getting into company or personal specifics. Create Account

Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network