Dear Friends

As per the Pollution control board norms, all the establishments generating domestic and chemical wastes either in liquid or in solid state cannot dispose it off without treating the same as the per standards being specified by the PCB. It can be possible for Factories and Permanent Establishments for installing and maintaining the STP for recycle the wastes.

But for those temporary establishments like construction sites, how the effluents can be disposed off?

May I expect the valuable suggestions from learned Environment, Health and Safety Department people.

From India, Kumbakonam
In such cases, you can approach the nearest operating STPs of municipalities or any pvt operators for treating the sewage generated by your site and dispose. The sewage can be transported thru sewage carrying tankers. They may ask rate for treatment per cum basis.
This system is available in Gulf countries but I never had any exp. in India.

From India, Lucknow

Dear Sir,
Till day before yesterday we have given contract to some localites. He was removing the water waste and disposing it on his own. But day before yesterday the vehicle was caught by some PCB People, I argued about the contract basis, that the disposal will be the responsibility of the contractor, but the PCB People told that it is the responsibility of the employer.
Our area is around 20 kms from city and 2 kms away from sea and it is an industrial area of Surat City.
As the location is near sea, ground water level is very high, so we cannot have soakpit to drain it out. It is a remote area, so we will not be entertained to send the same Surat Municipal Corporation, Nearby Private STP installed companies are installed only for their requirement and their treatment plant cannot take up over load. It is not possible to install of our own because we will be here for maximum of 6 months period. Then we have to shift our location.
Now what can be the remedy.

From India, Kumbakonam

Dear Mr. Bhaskar
I have cosulted with my Environment Dept. and got the following remedy to your problem:
1. The domestic effluent generating during construction/establishment stage, shall be disposed off in soak pit via septic tank.
2. After completion of the project, domestic effluent shall be treated via sewage treatment plant (STP) and industrial effluent shall be treated via effluent treatment plant (ETP).
3. No any effluent can be disposed off on inland surface water, pond, river or public sewerage without treatment. If so found it is an offence under EP Act, 1986.
4. Consent to establish and operate is mandatory under water act.
Let me know whether this will help you somehow or not?

From India

Dear Bhaskar
A nice information in your post.
Use the below link for a detailed study. <link updated to site home>
IBM - Environmental Health and Safety Solutions - India
<link no longer exists - removed> <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
Hope you will have some inputs in the links.

From India, Madras

Dear Mr. Dipil
Normally in Hyderabad I had the agreement with Municipal people and those people will drain the sewerage water (during construction period) and they used to dispose in the Municipal STP, and the treated water from Municipal water is being used for Road Divider Plants, Rountanas at Road Junctions and for Gardens maintained by Municiapal Corporations.
But in Gujarat there is no fullfledged system available either with Government or with Municipal Authorities.

From India, Kumbakonam
If you are shifting the location, then its the responsibility of the site owner to handle the hazardous, non hazardous waste generated within the campus unless there is a specific provision for evacuating to the commonly owned facility. If the size of all the cumulative waste permits, you can go in for STPs to generate biogas/methane gas which can be further used for power generation, cooking gas for the labour camp, etc. If you require additional inforamtion, pl send e mail to and we can guide you.

From India, Mumbai
Dear All, Here in Navi mumbai if you have an consent to operate you can go in for a CETP membership. May have to find this type of option in other parts of the country. Regards,
From India, Mumbai
Dear Mr. Bhasker, In Surat you may contact with GEPIL : " GUJARAT ENVIRO PROTECTION & INFRASTRUCTURE LTD." Nr. sachin, GIDC area , Surat , Tel : +91 261 3211088. Thanks Regards
From India, Chandigarh

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server