Employee Name Change - CiteHR
Production & Operations Management, Quality
Recruitment, Er, Generalist
Human Resource & Psychology
Head - Human Resources
+6 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Seniors,
In my office one of our employee converted from Christian to Muslim 2 Months back, So his previous certificates/ Govt proofs are in his Old Name. He is requested for name change in our employee database. Do we need to get any proof from court as a confirmation on name change or can we take a name change request in letter format. Kindly advice. If there is any procedure Pls elaborate.
Anticipating your response. !!!
Community Prime Sponsors
FactoHR.com - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS.
Talentedge.com "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA.
The person has to apply for Gazatte Certificate for name change. Once he/she recieves you have to take a copy of that and than you can change the name of employee in organisation's system.
Once the employee recieves the Gazatte Certificate also ask him to apply for name change on PAN card and in banks where the preson holds the a/c.
yes i agree with Nukani. Also try to apply for name change on any of your address proofs. Deboral Chennai
Dear Pooja/Deboral, Thanks for your comments. This employee has a Voter Id card in his new Name, Using it he got the ration card name changed. Will ask him to get a Gazatte certificate ASAP
Gazette certificate is a must for a person to change his/her name, then one must change all the legal records, like identity proof, education certificates, etc., - M.G.K.Monian
Dear All, The change in one’s name can be published in either state government gazette or in the Gazette of India. For Gazette of India, visit the name change, gazette of india on the Google.
Apart from changing the name in Pass port, PAN card etc Gazatte Notification is the most important. Once that is done there will be no hassels for chaging the name in employee's records.
Changing religion is okay... but why to change name.. if he wouldn’t have changed his name .. their would have been less complications...:)
Dear all
unless the employee places a copy of gazette notification to the employer with request in writing for change of his name etc in the personal file , no change to be carriedout till then. It is for your safe gaurds
thanks & regards
RL Dhingra , Advocate and
Labour Law Consultant, Delhi
09818309937 e.mail
Unless the Gazette Notification is obtained should not be entertained merely on the basis of submission of voters id, bank pass book, ration card, driving licence, as everyone in this country is aware how authentic they are.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™