Hussain Zulfikar
Hris Implementation, Payroll, Recruitment,
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi , I resigned from my company last month by serving notice period, my company has cancelled my work permit & need to cancel my residence visa so that i can get the visa from my new employer, my company came to know that iam joining a competitor & have denied cancelling my residence visa, please help
1) My company is IT company
2) I am a computer engineer. having worked for more than 4 years in the company.
3) My contract doesnt have any clause related to join any competitor.
4) I work in UAE, Dubai


Imran, I m from Kuwait, so I can only advise as per Kuwait Labor Laws, which may be similar to other gulf countries,

If you are on the employer's Commercial Visa then cancelling your Work permit (Izn Amal) also cancels your residence status in the country. if you have completed the contract period with the firm, you can request for release from your current employer so that you can join another firm.

As you mentioned that you have resigned from the job, served notice period also, however sponsor employer is harassing you by not giving you a release, then you can approach relevant ministry of labor in the country, I dont know what is the exact name of the ministry, but you can research and find out. Also make sure you read the contract carefully, because usually in work contracts, not to work with company's clients or compettitor clause is there. however you can double check. if there is no such clause mentioned, then you can appraoch ministry.

However make sure, you have completed the contract period with the firm, served resignation and notice period, check any papers you have signed which mentions not to join compettitor clause, also check if you have signed any training contract which has lock in period.

If your work permit is cancelled, you may be on a temproray residence visa, if your new employer really wants you can discuss the issue with new employer and seek a new VISA and re-enter Dubai.

Lets us know, what was the outcome.

i am sanal .i already cancelled my entry visa with out completing the visa validity (3mnth).now want to take new visa for new company was came to ministry.then applied for new visa.but they did not get new visa .ministry rejected that application/they want the old visa cancellation slip.i did not get that old visa cancellation paper from that old company… how can i get that..pls help
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™