Human Resource
Asst Manager-hr

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
hello seniors, one of my friend joined one company in feb2011 , the company deducted around 4000 rs as income tax on salary in the month of april. now again they deducted 4500 rs as income tax. When he enquired with HR dept , they replied as you are not able to furnish form16 from last employer thats why it happen. As far as my knowledge his employment he was not coming under tax payer category. Now he want to know ,is it rite? or what to do for tax saving? he would be able to get the refund of deducted amount?
From India, Pune
Dear Jyoti,
First confirm for which ASSESSMENT YEAR they're deducting TDS from Salary? If it's for previous year (2011-2012), as per my knowledge, it's not the liability of present Employer to deduct TDS for previous Employer. They're only liable for the salary which they're paying and I don't know how much your friend got as salary for the month of February'11 and March'11. But his employer can only deduct TDS for these two months (if applicable). So, tell your friend to consult with any TAX CONSULTANT relating this thing and for refund the deducted amt. your friend can claim refund (if extra paid) from IT Deptt. In case of refund, Form 16 is required from both employer ( If previous employer deducted the TDS from him.).
Secondly, if ASSESSMENT YEAR is 2012-2013 (current year), then need to prepare financial planning for getting Tax Benefit. for that also need to talk with TAX CONSULTANT.

From India, Calcutta
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™