Dear All

Please help me in explaining that who is supposed to take license under BOCW ACT 1996 please read the definition of Employer in the Act it says "employer"- in relation to an establishment, means the owner thereof and includes,-

(i) in relation to a building or other construction work carried on by or under the authority of any department of the Government, directly without any contractor, the authority specified in this behalf, or where no authority is specified, the head of the department;

(ii) in relation to a building or other construction work carried on by or on behalf of a local authority or other establishment, directly without any contractor, the chief executive officer of that authority or establishment;

(iii) in relation to a building or other construction work carried on by or though a contractor, or by the employment of building workers supplied by a contractor, the contractor.

If some govt. authority awarded the work to my company and in my company further gives the contract to some other company who is doing the work at ground...then who should secure the license under BOCW Act??? my company or the contractor company who we have awarded the work??? in my opinion and according to point (iii) its the contractor who is doing the work at ground is supposed to secure the license.

Kindly guide....



From India, Farrukhnagar
Dear seniors,
I am working in a mechanical construction company which is erecting & fabricating the power plant boiler steel structure & we are not the EPC. Here I want to know that whether we are coming under the BOCW Act or not.
Kindly advise me.

From India, Bhubaneswar
Those companies involved in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical works and not involved in any manufacturing process (factories) are covered under BOCW Act and the companies involved are to pay the BOCWW Cess.
From India, Kumbakonam
[B][B][B]Dear All,
I have a queries on BOCW Act: -
1. If the Factory has been constructed between 2002 - 2007 do we need to pay CESS on this construction.
2. If we are paying 1% to Nagar Palika after that do we need to Pay 1% CESS under BOCW Act
3. If a new construction is going on in our Factory and all employees are covered under EPF and ESIC, do we have to pay CESS in such Conditions?
4. Do we need to pay the CESS under BOCW Act on new building Electrical Wiring, Air Conditioners, Lights, and Furniture.
What is the procedure if any Officer force us to Pay CESS on our previous Factory construction done in 2004?
Please help on urgent basis.
Thanks ,
(Its never to late to learn from the world)

From India, Bhopal
Dear Experts,
We too have the Mining establishment, and for our Employee accommodation we are constructing the building out of the mining area in which we have engaged 2-3 contractors employing more then 100 labours.
Kindly guide whether we will be covered under the BOCW act or not, if not which act will be applicable.
Suraj Kumar Biswal

From India, Bhubaneswar
Dear Team & Seniors Please tell me how do I get renewal of Time expansion Under BOCW Act. Required documents and Forms/letters. Regards Soubhik
From India, Kolkata
Dear Soubhik
Please fill the application form (Form I) again and in that application Column No. 6 specify the Maximum strength you would like to increase and in Column No. 8 specify the Estimated date of completion. To support your date of completion attach the Work Order issued by your PE. Then pay the licence fee (difference) and prepare a covering letter mentioning the amendment in Registration of Establishment under BOCW Act, 1996.
There is no separate form for amendment/renewal as like CLRA Licence and ISMW Licence. You must use only the same form which is used for new Registration of establishment application.

From India, Kumbakonam
Dear Seniors
Greetings of the Day !!!!!
MEP vendor under a Construction Industry , which is covered under BOCW Act ,
Do they need to register under BOCW Act
Do they need to pay cess for construction job.
Or only the Civil vendor is responsible for cess under BOCW Act .

From India, Kolkata
Dear Soubhik
As a matter of fact, the Principal Employer, Contractor and Sub-contractors (in some states), who are involved in any construction activities including (MEP)Electrical, Plumbing, Fire fighting are to get registered under BOCW Act. The Cess part will be taken care by the Principal Employer and not by the Contractors & Sub contractors.

From India, Kumbakonam
hai sir iam not clear on those point can you be more clear on this point please let me know how can a company make sure on the safety of employee at site place.
From India, Hyderabad

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™