Industrial Relations
Consultant, Writer And Trainer
Consultant Pf Esic Labour Law
Recruitments, Training, Couselling &
+4 Others


I am very confused with ths situation. Please help me.

I am now unemployed and studying some professional course. I worked in a company for only four months. My PF and ESI deduction was Rs 924 and Rs 254 per month. I went to the HR Dept. of my company and asked for PF formalities. As per my company's HR I can not withdraw my PF and it required minimum 6 month job in the company. He suggested me to transfer th PF. I know it can be transfer but Now I need money as I am unemployed. I quit the company on march 1st, 2011. Now it is almost 3 months passed. I enquired and find that I can withdraw my PF. I donot want to go again to my office and argument with the HR team. I want to carry on withdrawal process my self.

I have my PF number.
I know the PF OFFICE in Bangalore reagion which is related to my company's establishment code.
I have salary slips, Joining letter and valid bank account number with passbook.

My question is how can I withdraw without the help of Companies HR and what is the procedure. From the last one week I am unable to find the exact answers whom I asked and explain the senario. Please help.

Kranti Ratho
S/W test Engineer

From India, Bangalore
Hi Kranti,
Once you leave the company employer has no right to stop your PF, they can repudiate to sign on the form or delay it unnecessary for harassment but the verity is they have no control on PF.
What you should know:
There are measures that can be followed to get the amount transferred to your new account. When a member finds difficult to get the form attested by the employer, he can get the attestation on form 19 and 10 c from any of the following officer & send to the Provident Fund office :
Manager of a bank.
By any gazetted officer.
Member of the Central Board of Trustees./ committee/ Regional Committee (Employees'
Provident Fund Organization).
Magistrate/ Post/ Sub Post Master/ President of Village Panchayat/ Notary Public.

From India, Delhi
To add on to what Archna has conveyed
After you get the duly filled in withdrawal forms attested , possibly submit the same directly to the PF Office and obtain the acknowledgement.
You previous employer has no right to stop you from getting the settlement amount

From India, Mumbai
Dear Kranti
Please fill the Form 10C and Form 19 (with pre-receipted sign on Revenue stamp), attach your Pay slip copy for confirming your PF Number and establishment code, cancelled cheque leaf or first page of your pass book to confirm your SB account details and Pan Card Copy.
Hand over the same to your nearest PF Office or the PF Office where your previous employer holds the registration.
The amount will be credited in your account in 2 months period.

From India, Kumbakonam
The contribution towards EPS can not be claimed as the member has worked only 4 months but it can be transferred. Pon
From India, Lucknow
Dear Sir,
I think we can claim PF amount even employee has worked for 4 months.
He will not get employer's share but he could get his share @ 12%.
Please correct me, if I am wrong.

From India, Kolhapur
Dear Kranti,
The contribution towards EPS can not be claimed but you will get only EPF contribution @ 12% .so please fill the form 19 only ask your employer to attest this form & submitt this form to PF office.

From India, Mumbai
i am accepting all the above superiors suggestions.
hai kranti_ratho nobody cannot stop ur PF. out of 24%(12+12) u can withdraw only 15.67%(24-8.33) only. u cannot get pension fund(8.33%).
it is better to meet pf office and take suggestions on it

From India, Hyderabad
Thanks Archanahr,d1d4f283d9dba92dc7eb67184,har_pal,srinis ar,pon1965,boss2966 and sriramwarrier all of you.
I think I understood what to do. I will do same as you told. I will withdraw myself with attestation of gazetted officer's signature and all the relivent documet as well as I will fill form 19 and 10c. once again lot of thanks to all of you to reply me query. what ever the money its my mone. and small but this will be helpful to me as currentely I am unemployed.

From India, Bangalore
Hi Kranti,
Every one have given the right explanation. No one can stop withdrwal of PF. Just you fill the required form and get it signed by concern authority. You can withdrwa only the PF contribution, if services is less than 6 months. You can not withdrwa the pension fund amount i.e. 8.33 %. If the concern authority denie to sign your form then you can get sign from the authoriuty mentioned by Archna.

From India, Delhi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™