JAZI ALMANSOORIHi I am Jazi Almansoori i work as HRC Can any one explain the relation between manpower plan and the recruitment plan? Thank you Jazi
From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Regional L&d Manager
Core Hr, Team Building, Counselling &
Anandita HandooHello Jazi,
Manpower Planning is the first step where an organisation analysis its manpower need keeping in mind turnover rates, Coprporate policy for promotion and success planning and retrenchment/ super annuation. Once the next year manpower requirement plan is finalised then a recruitment plan is drawn up. A recruitment plan involves - job description, qualification details/ skill level and recruitment sources, dates for recruitmnet and tying up dates with institutions e.tc.
Hope this clarifies the question.
From India, Delhi
See below the difference of Manpower Planning and Recruitment planning...
Manpower Planning which is also called as Human Resource Planning consists of putting right number of people, right kind of people at the right place, right time, doing the right things for which they are suited for the achievement of goals of the organization. Human Resource Planning has got an important place in the arena of industrialization. Human Resource Planning has to be a systems approach and is carried out in a set procedure. The procedure is as follows.
Analysing the current manpower inventory
Making future manpower forecasts
Developing employment programmes
Design training programmes
Example of recruitment plan
1. Quantity of recruitment
• Identify number of employee / staff recruited per department
• Design a table with columns: No, department, Position, Number of employee, date got new employee, remarks
2. Design of recruitment materials
• Testing tools for the above positions are available?
• If not, company should have plan to fulfill above materials
• Job description of the above positions are available?
3. Sources of recruitment
• You should design a table with columns: No, position, channel, budget, who follow?, remark
• You can identify recruitment sources by internal or external
• What are channels for recruitment?
• You should identify suitable channel for each position.
4. Selection plan
• Who receive CVs? and when do?
• Who review CVs? and when do?
• Who organize to check professional and skills of candidate? and when do?
• Who interview? and when do?
• Who make final decision? and when do?
You should design a table with columns: No, working contents, who follow, who support, date, remark.
5. Recruitment budget
Identify what is budget of this recruitment.
6. Notes (if any)
From Kuwait, Kuwait
sujai.kRecruitment plan envisages the time taking for recruitment of &/or training.
For eg. As per manpwer plan you require one staff in june -11 then the recruitment plan may be from Feb or march depending upon the position to be recruited notive period to the prev employee ect...
From Oman, Muscat