Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear sir,
I am finding difficulty while filling form 10 C . I would like to have your guidance about the same.
Please let me know about following details :
1. I want company to transfer pension amount to my bank account. So, do I have to fill ADVANCE STAMP RECEIPT section on page 3?
If yes, what should I mention in Received a sum of Rs_ _ _
2. What should I mention in point no.12 [Are you availing pension under EPS-95?]
In the same point, they have asked about PPO NO._________________ By Whom Issued______________ Please guide about what to be filled here.
3. Point 8 is Are you willing to accept the scheme in lieu of withdrawal benefit ? Should I mention Yes here?
4. Do I need to stick revenue stamp ?

From India, Thana
If you want withdrawal benefit, you have to sign on revenue stamp affixed on the space provided. The amount will be filled in by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation after working out the amount payable.

Since you are not already a EPF pensioner, you can write "Not" against q. No 12.

Q. No 8 stands for whether you would like to collect scheme certificate or would like to get withdrawal of amount. If you opt for yes, you will not get your pension accumulations in cash but will get a certificate called scheme certificate from the EPFO which will certify your service and membership with PF showing the nominees/ spouse, names of children who will be eligible to get pension in case of any unfortunate happening to the member. This certificate can be surrendered when you join another employment where PF is applicable. By doing so, your past service will be added to the service you are pursuing for the purpose of pension calculation. Therefore, if you wish to withdraw the accumulation then you have to write "NO" against Q.No 8.

Invariably, an employee who has been in service for ten years (at least 9 years and 6 months) can not go for withdrawal of pension fund but has to opt for scheme certificate only.



From India, Kannur
Kind attn to madhu t.k sir, can you pls explain the concept of who will have more than 10 years experiance those can’t withdraw his pension ?
From India, Coimbatore
For those who have 10 or more years of PF membership, Pension Fund withdrawal is not possible, they will get pension on attaining the age of 58. Reduced pension after 50 years is also an option, if the employee desires so.

From India, Kannur
Thanks for your valuable reply .
and i have some other queries related to the same.

(i) The aforesaid statement is coming under which sec of pf act ?
(ii) and what is the procedure to view our pf balance ? if your answer is visit the EPFO site, sorry i already tried but i found error. So let me know how to know my dad's pf balance ? if you wish i'll give you my dad's pf a/c no and whatever details you required regarding to view the balance. Bcoz what i mean to say, my dad's co. not paying the pf amount properly. so i've to check my dad's pf balance.
Guide me.
Thanks in Advance.

From India, Coimbatore
For details you may refer Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995, in full. Determination of pension is given in scheme 12.
In order to know the status of PF balance you can meet the PRO in the PF Office from where you can get direct and updated information, if the online facility does not work. Normally, if the name with exact spelling is not given, the online will not accept but in such circumstances the conventional way of collecting the details is the remedy.
You can also get the defaulters list from the website so that you can make sure that the company has not been paying the PF.

From India, Kannur
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™