Industrial Relations
Legal, Training

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Fellow members,
One of my clients is in need of Notifications/Amendments to keep the statutory records and Forms in Electronic Media.
I have seen one such notification but I could not able to retrieve it.
Please post this, or refer me that where can I get it?
Excellent HR Services.

From India, Selam
Dear all,
I am reproducing Section 4 of the IT act 2000.
Is it enough to keep records in computers?
Your comments please.
"Information Technology Act, 2000
Section 4. Legal recognition of electronic records -
Where any law provides that information or any other matter shall be in writing or in the typewritten or printed form, then, notwithstanding anything contained in such law, such requirement shall be deemed to have been satisfied if such information or matter is-
(a) rendered or made available in an electronic form; and
(b) accessible so as to be usable for a subsequent reference."
Excellent HR Services,

From India, Selam
Dear Mr Sethupathy
We must submit a letter to the concerned inspecting authority to that effect, stating as per Section 4 of Information Technology Act, 2000, we would like to maintain our records in Electronic format instead of keeping the hard copies with effect from the date on which onwards would like to maintain the e format of statutory requirements.
And further you can seek permission to allow you to maintain the same in electronic format which can be produced or submitted as and when required by the concerned inspecting authority.

From India, Kumbakonam
Dear Bhaskar, We have to apply to Labour commissioner for Shops and Commercial Establishments, and Chief Inspector of Factories for Factories. Am I right? S.Sethupathy, Erode.
From India, Selam
Yes Mr. Sethupathy
That's the reason I did not mention. Because for construction / shop & establishment to Labour Commissioner, Commercial establishments to DCTO's office, Factories to Factories Inspector office, we have to submit the letter and obtain permission to that effect. Even if the concerned authorities did not give any reply, you can submit the letter and get the acknowledgement to that effect and you can proceed further.

From India, Kumbakonam
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™