Hr & Administration
Prashanth Joseph
Hr Executive
Ir, Statutory Compliance, Payroll, Recruitments,
Hr Practices
Legal, Training
Director Hr
Hr,ir And Admn
+5 Others

Dear All,
As the employees who are covered under ESIC get the benefits.
But can anybody let me know that what should I do for the employees who are exempted from ESIC.
Can i go with personal accidental policy ?
Can anybody provide me the details for that?
Amit Bhogal
21st April 2011 From India, Shahkot
Hi Seniors,
I am associated with a private school in Gulbarga, Karnataka. I heard that recently in the month of March there was a announcement that private school teachers are under the perview of ESI. I want to know if that is true. If yes then Can anybody send me the notification or publication about the same.
Also how should I go about it and get correct guidence.
Preetam Mehta
+91 97409 54666
21st April 2011 From India, Bangalore
Dear Amit Bhogal,
The employees exempted from ESI are coverable under Employees Compensation Act.
You can take an Unnamed/Named Workmen Compensation Policy from Gen. Insurance Companies for these employee's coverage..
Excellent HR Services,
21st April 2011 From India, Selam
Dear Mr. Amit,
Very well defined by others.. You can go for the GPA with any of the General Insurance Company as well as if your group size is bigger then you can opt for the Mediclaim Policy also for the Exempted employees.
Amit Seth.
23rd April 2011 From India, Ahmadabad
Dear Amit,
GPA will not cover normal Medical expenses or hospitalisation.
For Non ESIC staff it is better to take a Mediclaim policy. If the person is hospitalised they can reimburse the money or show ID card if it is a covered hospital and most of the illness are covered.
GPA & Workmen compensation can apply for all if your company willing to do so
C P R Das
23rd April 2011 From India, Chennai
can anyone tel me the procedures to get ESIC card?I am working as HR Executive in a Pvt ltd company.I completed registration process and took print out of the counterfoil.and what is the next step to get permanent card?Expecting your valuable reply..
23rd April 2011 From India, Kochi
dear friends,
in my opinion i would suggest you to go for LIC policy for staffs. here you have three benefits
1. Medicalaim policy is applicable to ESI, Non ESI and and their family (parents, 2 children, if company agree????)
2. through LIC medical Policy you can ensure that better service and conformed treatment. Today many agency are ready to offer the service till they get premium. once the staff or employee goes for treatment they will be astonished hear fro m the hospital that we have not tied up with this agency
3. The LIC is also giving gratuity amount for the staffs you retire or quit the job or in case of death. for this benefit, company has choice to pay installment for few years. this benefit is very useful for company where the burden of the company reduce since the LIC will pay gratuity even company can claim Tax Exemption.
for more information you contact me @ 080 28364584 / 85
with regards!
Prashanth K Joseph
23rd April 2011 From India, Bangalore
Dear Amit,
As pointed out by our members you can opt for both GPA & Mediclaim. GPA covers accidents around the globe 24 X 7 and will include compensation in the event of death to the member. On the other if he suffers Temporary Total Disablement (Loss of wages due to an accident suffered by him), he will be compensated to the extent of 1% of the sum insured subject to a maximum of Rs.3000/- per week (if my memory serves me right). While arriving at the GPA sum insured, parallely work out your liability under the Employees compensation Act to ensure that your liability is fully covered.
Mediclaim will be an additional cover for illness for inpatient treatment
27th April 2011 From India, Madras
Sorry for the delayed reply
Yes,the Schools are coverable under ESI with effetive from Dec 2010.
Concerned State Govt has to issue a notification in this regard.
I am enclosing one such notice issued by Tamil Nadu Govt. Which excluded Govt Schools and Govt aided Schools.
Please check it up with your area.
Excellent HR Services,
27th April 2011 From India, Selam
Dear all, Here is the notification S.Sethupathy Erode.
27th April 2011 From India, Selam

Attached Files
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First
File Type: pdf ESI to schools.pdf (20.6 KB, 251 views)

Dear All,

Kindly note that the ESI coverage is different from the above all Mediclaim, GPA and workmen compensation.

1. Please note that the ESI is statutory act and covered the areas in all regions of india and (there were uncovered areas also, the information will be available with the ESI regional offices).

2. The ESI is applicable to all the factories, shops,hotels, cinema halls and schools and medical institutions where there were 10 or more employees were engaged either by contract or direct employment. Earlier this was was 20 and more employees but the amendment has come on 18th september 2010 as 10 employees.

Hence the schools are covered.

3. The Workmen compensation is different from the ESI, where the ESI is not covered, in those areas, the workmen compensation policy will be substitute the benefits to the employees to some extent. But not replacement of ESI.

4. The GPA is very different from the ESI. It will be only extra benefit to the employees but not a substitute for the ESI.

5. The Gratuity scheme also a different from the ESI. This act is also applicable even you covered under ESI act.

5. Mediclaim is entirely different policy. This is also a extra cover to the employee but the ESI has to be followed.
Medicliam is a voluntary and decisive policy but the ESI is compulsory under the statute.

Hence the ESI has to be covered if you are in covered area of ESI.

28th April 2011 From India, Mumbai
Dear Amit,
Employees who does not cover under ESIC, shall has to take mediclaim policy which has to provided by employer as a medical benefit. Workmen compensation applies to only those employees who covered under esic but ESIC dispensaries are not available around 35 KM of radius from working place
28th April 2011 From India, Jaipur
Dear Ramesh........... could u send the support of ur above statement with any ciruclar or notification given by ESIC...............
28th April 2011 From India, Hyderabad
Dear Remya..........U please handedover the printed counterfoils to the concerned employees and advise them to attend for Smart Card Photo camps (mostly will be @ the concerned Branch Offices) alongwith their family to enable them for getting Permanent Smart Cards.............
28th April 2011 From India, Hyderabad
Thank You Syam.
Can you plz help me once more?while doing online registration,I entered details of an employee twice.Thus created two accounts in the name of same employee.I would like to know that any problem will arise by this mistake..and also want to know is there any method for canceling the extra account?
Expecting your valuable reply....
Thanks & regards
28th April 2011 From India, Kochi
Dear Remya,
In case of duplicate due to erroneous entry, for the first time u can give the no. of days and wage particulars for one no. and for the extra no. u can show the no. of days and wages as "zero" and show the employee as "Does not belongs to this Unit".
Then from the next month onwards the extra no. will not been reflected in ur list of employees......
all the best....
28th April 2011 From India, Hyderabad
Amit you can go with Personal and mediclaim policy if yours is a service based company, if it is manufacturing you need go with workmen compensation act, 1923.
30th April 2011 From India, Jaipur
Subject - Employees Exempted from ESIC Are Ex Service men from Navy,Military etc. exempted from ESIC Act ? & if they are ,they have to produce certain documents for that ?
11th May 2011 From India, Mumbai
Dear Mr. Sethupathy, Are retired Armed forces service men exempted from ESIC Act ? If they are, do they have to submit relevant document to their new employer ? Regards,
11th May 2011 From India, Mumbai
Even they can also coverable under the Act.. No exemption for them. The only condition is they have to work for wages in an unit which is covered under ESI.... No need to submit any other SPECIAL papers for their enrollment.....
12th May 2011 From India, Hyderabad
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™