I wish to share the information received by me to our members as it would be useful to them
Workshop on Labour Laws for Corporate Managers by
Dr. P K Padhi With recent Court Judgment
8 April 2011 The Lalit, MUMBAI
9 April 2011 The Lalit, DELHI
Labour Laws and the legal system has a pervasive impact on all industrial establishment, may it be, in the private sector or the public sector. Decisions of HR/ Marketing/ Project / Legal or any other executives working in the establishment dealing with workmen frequently raise issues which should be carefully evaluated as to their legal consequences before they are implemented. The failure to appreciate these legal implications can lead to serious damage, if not disastrous, results for an organization where they are working.
The intention of having this workshop is to provide a platform where the participants would be given practical inputs, especially, regarding management of labour legally and efficiently.
* To understand practical aspects of labour laws which are applicable to the organization where they are working
* To deal with important legal issues while managing the labour.
* The participants would be provided techniques to deal with the situations which may come in their day to day life with special reference to the work place.
* The participants would be given a unique technique which is otherwise known as cross reference technique.
HR Managers/Project Managers/Executives/Legal Managers –dealing with the labour
* Tips to identify the organization where you are working—Is it an Industry or a Factory or both
* Application of Labour Laws to your organization where you are working
* Tips to find out the Labour Laws and its application in a given situation
* Sexual Harassment at Work place: A Legal Analysis and compliance
* Rules and/or procedure/s to be applied in case of Termination or Downsizing the work force
* Concept of 240 days under the Labour Laws
* Gratuity: How to Calculate and grounds of forfeiture
* Injury Compensation: Entitlement & Quantum
* Fixed Term Employee
* Project Based Employee
* Outsourcing Statutory Canteen
Contract Labour Management:
Registration, licence, wages, PF, ESI/ WC; Constitutional Issues; Inter State Migrant Workers and related issues
Faculty: Dr P. K Padhi
* Professor with XLRI Jamshedpur.
* Visiting Professor,
# Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
# AL ABBAS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Dubai &
#I MAGE Institute, Singapore.
* Specialization: Labour law & Commercial Law,
* LL.M. from CochinUniversity in 1984 & was awarded Ph. D. in 1993
* He has over 25 yrs of Teaching Experience
* 1994- Was Principal in UniversityLawCollege, UtkalUniversity, Orissa.
* Director in P.G. Diploma in Labour Law in UtkalUniversity, Orissa, India.
* Conducted number of training workshops for large corporate.
Author of the following Books:
* Collective Bargaining & The Right to Strike;
* The Industrial Disputes Act;
* Collective Bargaining & The Law;
* Child Labour: Retrospect & Prospect (ed.);
* Judicial Independence & Accountability (Ed.);
* Labour & Industrial Laws ( PHI Publication)
Timings: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm , Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
* Fees: Rs. 7,500/- +10.3 % service tax per person
* Please write to email@example.com / Call -022 66976892
* Mention the name of participant, company, contact details .
* Cheque favouring Princeton Academy Mumbai II Pvt. Ltd. payable at Mumbai.
* Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.
* Labour & Industrial Laws ( PHI Publication) by P K Padhi will be given as reading material.
Princeton Academy Mumbai II
502 Shalimar Morya Park, Andheri Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai- 400053.
Tel- 022-66976892, 67256200. Delhi- 9312715500. Fax- 26733060
email- firstname.lastname@example.org Website- www.princetonacademy.in
Service Tax No- AAECP5617MST001
Dear Mr. Ramachandran Like this the Princeton Academy is conducting so many courses on Taxation, Direct Tax, TDS, Law and other subjects also regularly. Thanks for sharing with our friends.
From India, Kumbakonam
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.