Hr - Professional
Ambika B V
In such kind of mails pl. mentionUR e-mail I.D. so that memebers can directly mail you .
Now coming to your querry.
1) First thing is write a letter to employee atleast 1-2 months in advance informing that he is retiring on that perticular date.
2) Give him P.F. Withdrawal forms ( if he is coverred under P.F. Act), & submit the duly completed form to P.F. authorities, on the last working day along with p.f. contribution (his /her's contribution & employers contribution)
3) Inform concern authorities to work on gratuity, so that you can handover gratuity cheque to that person on the last working day.
4) For this employee U may arrange for counceling , about post retired life
5) On the last working day u can arrrange for Send off function for this employee.
6) U can appoint him as a retainer but pl. ensure that he should be appointed only after a gap of some days ( ideally 1 -2 Months) so as he/she can not claim uninterrupted service benefits or any other employee may create a problem in future, about age of retirement.
Hope this will U help you
6th July 2007
The information provided by Mr.Abhijit is very good,
You can also refer Labour Laws.
I have attached 2 files for Payment of Gratuity
for any help please contact 080 4124 4385 Ext 221(6Pm to 10Pm), Monday to Friday
M. Peer Mohamed Sardhar
7th July 2007 From India, Coimbatore