Can we continue any employee whose age is above 60? - CiteHR
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear All,
An ex-employee has withdrawn all his PF amount including EPS and now, after a gap of 5 months, again, he has joined and it will be a fresh one and no continuity of previous service. Please let me know whether to continue the previous UAN number or to go for allotment of new UAN number.

A person drawing PF pension can be excluded from coverage. There is no need to give him any more PF contribution. At the same time, if your company is so particular that Pf being an investment should be given to all irrespective of whether they have already withdrawn the PF or not, you can give it. Since the employee has already withdrawn the PF there will be no relevance to the UAN. If he is given PF, a fresh member Id will have to be given to him and while confirming hin previous employment for the purpose of allotting UAN, you will have to show it as fresh employment and get a new UAN. You cannot continue the same UAN.

Dear Mohan,
If your employee has left the organisation and cleared his PF account, then the UAN number is invalid for re-joining of the same candidate.
If the same employee has joined the organisation, then a new PF account alongwith a new UAN number has to be generated.
Ankit Chaturvedi

Dear mohan,if your employee has left the organisation and cleared his pf dues ,thaen fresh pf account number shall be generate but UAN NO.Nnot to be change ,hr DEPT. LINK YOUR old UAN NO.with your fresh pf account..thanks& regards,knjha
Can you please explain how will you link a new PF number with an old UAN which was already linked to old member Id? Madhu.T.K
Dear All,
A very recently there was a news on exemption of PF employer's contribution for three years in case of new establishments. Kindly let me know, if there is any further development /notification on this issue.

What happens, if in the case under discussion, the employee had in his career, worked for several years in many companies.
He never bothered to transfer his PF accounts.
In the last company he stayed for more than twenty years.
In this company, he was allotted UAN.
Despite this, he never took care to Consolidate all his PF accounts when he worked in other companies.
Now, after re-joining this company after a gap of 7 months and after having withdrawn his PF accumulation in this Company,
he wants to consoldate his PF accounts in the companies he worked earlier.
As the UAN is a unique Permanent Number, why he cannot use it aagin?
What is the remedy in such complicated cases ?
Warm regards.

Manual withdrawal from each account using separate form 19s and 10Cs will be the only remedy. in such occasion also when he submits form 19 or 10C, the PF will ask for UAN. He may not be able to write the UAN which is no more existing. Under such circumstances, there can be a possibility of withdrawing the amounts by giving a declaration.

Kindly let us know is there any notification or case if available for reference on the following issue.
* If the employee joined after completion of 60 years age, is he /she is eligible for PF contribution from the both side.
Seeking clarification from any member of this site.
Thanking you,

I think you have not gone through the discussions before posting this query. To my knowledge the answer to your apprehensions is available ion this thread. Please go to the first page and see if that is okay for you.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™