(1) For recruitment:
- get whole year's report first (no of CVs received, shortlisted, stage wise analysis etc). Please do the stage wise ratio analysis, inf consistently done in 2 to 3 years you will get lot trends and information.
- get details of source of your recruitment, to identify which source is working well for which kind of openings.
- Recruitment cost analysis: how much money and resources are spent: this will help you to do next years projections.
(2) Attrition analysis: this will help you to find the trend of exits. you can also analyze the exit interviews. Everything will give you inputs for various HR related plans and strategies.
(3) Recruitment projections:
- Based on attrition and recruitment analysis one can start doing projections for next year based on attrition rates. For ex. I have 100 people, need to fill 10 vacancies and current attrition is 10%. So, the people required will be 20 or 21. How? you are recruiting for 10 vacancies so total becomes 110, apply 10% attrition on it which comes to 11 so total recruitment required would be 21.
- Based on this one can project about resources etc linking attrition data with recruitment analysis. For ex. as per analysis if total 10 CVs required to close one position and needs 8 technical interviews then to close 21 positions we need 210 CVs and 168 technical interviews.
(4) Policies and legalities
- You can plan to update all your policies and processes
- Look that all legal complainces are being followed or not etc..
- check past year data of appraisal forms, this will help to know more lot of things and plan for future. It may hep for TNA
(6) Rewards & Empl Engagement:
- Evaluate your reward system and check. One can plan for next year how to appreciate and reward them, what sort of behavior to be rewarded etc.
- Evaluate and plan of different employee engagement activities as per your organization's need.
(7) Comp & Benefit:
- This is one of the core area, never overlook this as whatever we do bottom-line always matters
- Look at compensation structure, where industry is going, how cost of living is increasing.
- Work on beefit options which can be availed by the employees along with tax savings.
(8) Trainings/Empl Development/ L&D:
- identify needs and develop whole plan - stagewise with cost involved etc.
- Plan you training methods.
- Plan your evaluation techniques
( please read article on Citeman.com posted on 2nd March: Tain not Drain)
One can also look at OD initiatives which company needs.
BTW the points mentioned above are very broad in themselves what one can do is to looking at own need of the organization and accordingly check what is to be planned. Please plan it in stages.
Request you throw the specific query which will help others to understand and give suggestions accordingly.
Do share you queries...