Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Caroline,
You can recover the small percentage amount from the defaulting employee. However, take into account the salary of employee before awarding him the punishment.
In the erstwhile era of industrialisation, workers did not observ safety precautions because of which industrial accidents happened. In some cases injuries were caused to fellow employees also. Addition to this was breakdown of production. In spite of all this, a worker was terminated and small amount was recovered.
If the worker were to pay the entire damage changes to the company then probably he would have ended up working for decades without taking payment!
As for as depositing recovered amount to the Labour Welfare Fund is concerned, not many companies do it. However, I wrote this in my earlier post because you should know what the legal provisions are.
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™