I've tried my best to give you few details,
1. As soon as you get the on-site request as invitation-
(i)Check if the time frame is sufficient to process their visa/Passport
(II)get the names of the Employees.
(III) Check them for their passport & check the validity/or any rejections/stampings
(iv) Get a formal reply in writing from them of their availability to go on-site and get the details verified by them.
(v) Process the Visa/Passport ( Make them fill the application in front of you/check for the date/purpose/name/location/invitee/passport No./duration/invitee details.. etc. and get the necessary documents (bank statements, Form 16, Previous org's relieving/offer letters, Photographs ( the size and colour)
(make sure the Companies documents are ready for passport submission)
Release the Travel Policy
2. Second try to find a website that could give them the info on the country like their culture/food/life style/ custom/leisure/Etiquettes/Daily Life/Transport/Housing/Shops/ Cost of day today necessities/Hospitals/NHs/Weather/Working Style.
3. If required arrange for cross cultural training.
4. In case if you have any service agreement, please check and get the acceptance accordingly.
5. In case if you arrange for their accomodation/transport, try to find the details and file them.
6. In case if you are not arranging provide them with the details required.
7. If you have any allowance for their travel preparation(such as on clothing/Travel accessories) Please release it to them.
8. Inform them on their communication medium (IP phone/ International SIM/ re-imbursement)
9. Advise them to plan for their annual holidays and report you.
(Complete these atleast one month/2 months prior to their travel)
(Call them for orientation atleast 5 days prior to their travel)
1. Issue the Travel Policy
2. Give them
(I) Passport, Visa
(IV) Insurance Letter
(VI) Invitation Letter
(VII) Overseas travel policy
Give info on the baggage/clothing/Food
1. Baggages - Weight and Size and Lock (Just check the Airlines website)
2. Warm Clothes and shoes
3. Eatables in your check in baggage (if there is any delay in the flights)
4. Medicines for cold, cough, fever, stomach pain or any other medicines you are supposed to have.
5. Food Materials or any food items to be used there.
6. Plan for cooking take option from the people who had already visited the place
7. Make sure you take your ID Card & Business Card .
Pls do meet your Reporting Manager the day before you leave.
Make sure you collect the Bills for your pick-up and drop from Chennai airport to your house and vice-versa.
Pls meet the Reporting Head, HR and Finance/Admin Dept the immediate working day after your return.
Make sure you submit the necessary bills for claims within 7 days of your return.
Your pick-up and drop details (while in US)
Please make yourself clear about the purpose of the travel
• Kindly check your Visa and Travel Tickets for the date and time.
• Arrange to reach airport 2h30m before departure.
• find baggage trolleys your self.
• Enter for check-in through Anna International terminal.
• Push your way through the crowed.
• Place your baggage that is meant to be sent as luggage--on the security scanner meant for the airline you are travelling.
• Collect baggage on the same trolley and proceed to the airline -counter check in counter queue.
• Handover your passport with visa, tickets and baggage to the -check in staff. Ensure you are within your baggage allowance or you would have to pay excess baggage level.
• After that ensure that you collect YOUR passport, tickets with baggage identification tags for the number pieces, that you handed over and also check for the destination on the tag and boarding card that was given to you.
• Complete the Departure Immigration form and proceed to Immigration, customs and Security check for carry-on/ hand baggage.
• Ensure you do not have banned items in your person or in your carry-on baggage.
• Ensure carry-on baggage tags and boarding pass is stamped so that you have proof that you have gone through all the formalities.
• Be cautious with your valuables at all times.
Ask them to report to you as soon as they reach the place.
Reporting once in a week to HR.
Give them details on the return.
3rd March 2011 From India, Madras