For these technical jobs you have just mentioned the easiest way to build a job description (JD) is to give this task to the job holder themselves,
• Let them list what are their day to day tasks
• Let them list what are their monthly tasks
• What are their on going projects, planned
• What are their obtained qualification to do the job
• What are the other required qualification certification to do the job
• What are the technical skills required to do the job
Then from the list of tasks you can build a generic job description of the position starting form senior position cascading to junior positions.
20th February 2011 From Oman, Muscat
As Anayat have shared please do consider those suggestions. Additionally here's few pf mine:
- Make a study including the both desired and required parameters for your sector.
- Identify the keywords used to define by the industry leaders and your competitors.
- Identify a format to be used which suits your organization the most.
- Include the write-up that you could develop with Anayaat's directions.
42 Job description zip
20th February 2011 From India, Mumbai