Hr Research Associate
Senior Hr Executive
Thanks for the llink, I will definitely figure out the question quickly and post it for all of yours response.
Mam do you tell me which area I have to concentrete for improve my knowledge about HR and get a good job as a HR Executive/ Sr. Executive HR.
Thanks & Regards
20th February 2011 From India, Bhubaneswar
Here's a learning plan to work towards your knowledge level in HR :
- Give yourself a timeline to focus on each level of learning. First target the HR domain , then a sector such as Manufacturing or IT and finally a role eg: Recruiter or a generalist.
- Read about all the main areas in the HR domain.
- Please further read about the tasks and responsibilities of HR Department
- Thereafter, take each area at a time and research deeper on the practices followed .
- Identify the sector you wish to be and start reading and writing about their HR Processes and practices
- Read the skill competencies required for an HR primarily in a generalist role .
- Prepare a list of questions you would wish to know and research here in this community .
- Read the discussions on that topic. Check what you can't understand.
- Prepare your own write-up as you work along this .Identify the areas, processes and skill sets you wish to learn and then take each area accordingly.
- Benchmark what you already know to what you need to know.
- Take interviews of HR who are working in the role , you would wish to work. Observe how do they perform their duties.
- Speak to leaders and identify their learning cycles and their professional journeys.
- Focus on the specialist areas of HR eventually and drill down to a role in a particular industry, eg: Recruitment in IT.
- Once you gain an understanding from them, identify the measures for performance in those roles. This will prepare you to excel. Identify the escalations required to handle in the roles.
- Blog here in this community about all the queries and learning you gain. The more you blog the more you learn as everyone gets to contribute to what you wish to learn.
CiteHR New Member's Group <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
Wish you all the best !
21st February 2011 From India, Mumbai
This suneel. I have completed MBA (HR) in 2010. Presently I am working as HR TRAINEE in Hyderabad.
You have provided very wonderful links on HR, Open learning world.com. These very helpful to me and CITE HR members.
I really admire you for you kindness.
Thank you for posting.
21st February 2011 From India, Hyderabad
Thanx (Cite Contribution) for the information which u send to me that is very useful n ur support is really very appreciatable.As i ll look on the matter which is sent by u.i want to join the community of HR so that i can grasp more knowledge from their.is there any possibilities.if there,kindly revert the feedback.i will b always thankful of ur kind anticipation.Thanking you Moin
28th April 2011 From India, Thana